LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Gupta (AP)     06 October 2012

Terms in appointment letter

I have recently been appointed an autonomous institiute under ministry of health and in my terms and conditions, it is mentioned "The post is Permanent but appointment is on Officiating basis" Further it mentions a probation period of 2 years.

I seek guidance on interpretation of these terms. Further as an employee,

•  Am I a Regular employee or a non-regular employee ?
  • Am I a temporary employee or a permanent employee?
  • Am I an ad-hoc employee?
  • What are the implications of these terms on my promotions ?

I am confused by these terms and would request guidance. In terms of actual work, I am working full-time at the institute and drawing pay and allowances as a full time regular employee would do.

Thanks

Dr Vivek Gupta

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 October 2012

The following is with limited understanding and without any knowledge of terminologies in use in your establishment.

During Probation period employee is probationer and is not permanent. After successful completion of probation service shall be confirmed in writing.

The post on which you are appointed is permanent and no further sanction is required to make it permanent.

You shall officiate as………post granted to you. Generically officiating post might be a one step higher post.

Has the company described any officiating allowance in your appointment letter?

You may seek clarification from your personnel dept., appointing authority.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

You may find the attachment useful.

Attached File : 1043167843 deba kanta sarma vs state of assam and ors. on 2 july, 2004.pdf, 1043167843 kanduri charan parida vs registrar (judl.), high court of ... on 2 november, 2004.pdf, 1043167843 union of india & ors vs sher singh on 10 november, 2009.pdf downloaded: 287 times

Vivek Gupta (AP)     06 October 2012

Thanks for the response. 

I am currently on probation for two years. There is no officiating allowance in my appointment letter. Nor is there any sentence that says that " You will officiate as...". My basic And grade pay start somewhat higher that the minimums of the pay band.

Now that I think of it, It might be that there are a large number of Asst Professors spread across departments and I am therefore officiating in a specifc department at the same post.  

Is it any rule that  all autonomous institutes under GoI must  make their guideing rukes and regulations available  for public?

Thanks again

Vivek

P.S. I was unable to open teh attachments and received errors.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register