Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajender Singh (ca)     28 September 2012

Do sessions courts come under rti?

Hi All,

Can I file an RTI to Sessions Court to provide me details of all cases filed under section 498a? I would be asking details like information of : Name of Petitioner, Name of Respondent, Judge, Date of Petition, Date of Judgement) 

Thanks and Regards.

Learning

4 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     28 September 2012

Yes u can ask. Every state HC has formulated some rules to file RTI. Check those n fulfil the nedds for RTI application

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     28 September 2012

Yes, you certainly can asksuch information. As suggested by Mr Lodha, go through the RTI rules framed by concerned High Court with respect to disclosure of information by the lower Court. Please also note that the information with respect to pending cases might be covered under the exemptions under the Right to Information Act.  The disclosure of information might be denied on the ground of privacy clause and personal information [section 8 (1)  (j)], pending investigation and [section 8 (1) (h)], safety of the persons involved [Section 8 (1) (g)]. However, if the cases have been decided, the information comes in public domain and the exemptions from disclosure under section 8 of the Right to Information Act may not apply.

In case of any help, feel free to contact.

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar

divyajyoti [at] jaipuriar [dot] com

(Guest)

Yes, HC comes under RTI Act

your required information comes under sec. 8 of RTI act. These are not Public documents so court will reject your application. Court will not allow to provide you case files of said cases. You are not party of said cases.

But you can get certified copieds of  said case file with help of Advocate.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2012

every public authrotiy is covered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register