Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (a)     19 September 2012

How to speed up a criminal proceeding in trial court

Dear All

This pertains to a criminal proceeding in the trial court of Gautam Budh Nagar wherein NB were re-issued against the accused. There was no response from the police in the first instance and then the NBW were reissued by the court.

I would like to know if we can get a directive from the High court wherein this proceeding can be completed in a given time frame.

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Akash

Learning

4 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     19 September 2012

@Akash,

You have to understand that High Courts are available for any and all aggrieved appelants and not for general non-compliance of NBWs. You can however approach the Court of Sessions for redressal of your complaint or may be District Judge. But approaching the High Court should only be in case when you find there is a violation of breach of your fundamental right. You cannot go running to high court for every other matter.

In you case if the police does not comply, then the trial court itself can be urged to pass strict orders against the I/O for non-compliance. Also the court can order proceedings under 82/83 CrPC for proclaimed offenders.

//peace

/Saurabh..V

Akash (a)     02 October 2012

@Saurabh

Many thanks for the input. The first pargraph f my query was to give out the current status of the proceeding.

I repeat my query again...

I would like to know if we can get a directive from the High court wherein this proceeding can be completed in a given time frame.

I'm more interested in the proceeding being completed in a time frame. Moreso because it happens to be a criminal proceeding and not a civil one which can take a lifetime at times.

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers

Akash (a)     04 October 2012

@Ashish,

Thank you for replying. Would you kindly specify the section which is to be used to obtain this directive.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Akash

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register