Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imtiaz (IT Manager)     28 August 2012

Muslim hanafi inheritance

Dear Sir,

i have a query regarding the muslim inheritance.
My name is Imtiaz (Hanafi, Muslim). i'm the only son and i have 3 sisters. My father is 70 years old and my mother 60. At the moment my father has 6 grandchildrens. If my father does not write a "will" for all his property then how the properties get shared?
1. Elder daughter has 2 sons.
2. Second Elder daughter has 2 daughters.
3. I have 1 daughter.
4. Last daughter has 1 son.
My father has 1 house and 2 lands.

Questions. 1. How the properties get shared between myself and my sisters? What about my mother? 2. Does his grandchildrens get any share? if yes then how much? 3. Does any part of his property go to his brothers or sisters? 4. Can you please give me an example explaining the shares in my case? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Imtiaz.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 August 2012

Dear Imtiaz, In Islam grandchildren get nothing during the lifetime of children hence your or your sibling's children get nothing. First of all mother gets 1/6th. Remaining 5/6th is divided into children - with son get double the share of each daughter. Hence the remaining 5/6th is divided like this - you get 2/5th sisters get 1/5th each of 5/6th. Feel free to talk ! Adv. Bharat Chugh
1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     28 August 2012

Dear Imtiaz, In Islam grandchildren get nothing during the lifetime of children hence your or your sibling's children get nothing. First of all mother gets 1/6th. Remaining 5/6th is divided into children - with son get double the share of each daughter. Hence the remaining 5/6th is divided like this - you get 2/5th sisters get 1/5th each of 5/6th. Feel free to talk ! Adv. Bharat Chugh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register