LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditi (Assiatant manager )     22 August 2012

Theft case

I am working in a leading PSU Indian oil and stay alone at their township which is very secure with guards .

gold jewellery worth 7 lacs was missing from my house .There were no breaking of main locks/windows etc.

no other person except one maid comes to my place.not even any friends.
 I am 100% sure that the gold has been taken by her as she is the only person who comes in the house /no break in the house is there /she knows where gold things are kept/she know where house keys are /she does the entire household work including cleaning.

moreover when i enquired  about the missing of jewellery , i could make out from her reactions/behaviour that she was guilt.  my parents & husband tried to ask her and told her to accept and give it back .however she didnot agree. We filed FIR in feb.the local police came for investigation.However , it was alll an eyewash. The maid belongs to SC category and their was a recent caseof theft  in township whether a maid (also SC )was accused and beaten up by police. in that case, police officials were suspended, Huge dharna was done b entire SC CASTE  leading to IR issues in IOCL  and case was registered in name of complainant .  because of this episode , neither IOCL  nor local police wanted to pursue this clear cut case.poilce told that investigation is on , lie detection is being carried out.( april )police misguided us that said maid had come clean in lie detection whereas we later came to know no lie detection took place.
We kept following up with local police , however nothing fruitful came up.we met all higher officials but it didnt help.We met IG of the region.he transferred the case from local police to crime branch.

crime branch gave us hopes.Lie detection again done in june .We kept following up for results .crime branch said that since this case is related to SC and that too a lady , hence it is very delicate.result of lie detection done in june , was enquired and again came to know maid has come out clean.

in the entire episode , maid was questioned only once , that too as an eyewash to us. Nothing has been done and now the case is being closed .

what can i do when i know maid is the culprit?

Kindly guide.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     22 August 2012

At the outset try to find some evidence against maid  in your case evidence will help you to repen the case. As the case is closed there is nothing  to prove that maid is guilty. Do some findings about ,maid whrere she was when theft took place after theft where she was , her relations with people   where is she now how is her lifestyle so on and so forth . A ll this will help you to give direction in your case whether she had committed the theft.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2012

You are least likely to get th egold at this belated stage.  Pursuing such a case against a poo, SC lady wioll land you in trouble and no policeman appears to be in a mood to share this trouble.  For you it is matter of gold and for them it is matter of carer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register