Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

INDIAN CITIZEN (Research Scholar)     07 August 2012

Marriage/ personal laws for scheduled tribes

Dear Sir

My friend , he is hindu boy wants to marry a girl, who is scheduled tribe. I read in Hindu personal laws and Hindu Marriage act that This HMA does not apply on Scheduled tribes.

Now my  queries are:

What are Legal marriage procedure for Scheduled tribes and Non-Scheduled tribes? apart from Special Marriage act 1954.

even if they solemnize marriage under special marriage act, then again for Maintainane , succession etc,  what  personal law will be applicable for them?

Is there a  seperate personal law for Scheduled tribes? are they considered Hindu?

Kindly Reply

regards

Rajeev

Learning

3 Replies

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     07 August 2012

Dear Rajeev

So far as maintenance is concerned, Sec-125 Cr.P.C. is applicable to all irrespective of caste, creed and religion. And for succession, Succession act will apply for both of them.

INDIAN CITIZEN (Research Scholar)     07 August 2012

Dear Mr. Mahapatra

Thanks for your reply. You mean that ST / tribes  doest follow any particular religion, thereby they doesn't come undr hindu personal law. perhaps becuase of this reason, they are struglling for new religion code.

but the solution for marital problem, solemnize marriage under Special marriage act, for other problem, crpc u/s 125 apply.

you mean to say that?

Regards

Rajeev

SUKHLAL SOREN   18 June 2016

Dear sir

my friend is belong to scheduled tribe caste . He wants to marry with a girl who is also a

scheduled tribe .but after known that she had already married to a man  who is belong to Hindu Religion. Is it possible to my friend to marry to that girl of scheduled tribe.

Is it possible or not .If possible then please give the procedure so that my friend will be marry

kindly reply

regards

sunil

kindly reply

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register