LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sweta sharma (l.l.b)     28 July 2012

Information from rti

IF A PERSON RETIRED FROM ARMY BEFORE 15 YEARS,CAN WE ASK NECESSARY INFORMATION TO RTI.LIKE HOLIDAYS AT THE TIME OF JOB WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Learning

9 Replies

Ajit Singh Cheema (practising Advocate)     28 July 2012

The question is not at all clear ,What information you want to have under right to infirmation Act.

sweta sharma (l.l.b)     28 July 2012

asking information from rti about a retired person who was working in indian army

pratik (self working)     04 August 2012

i think no.

(Guest)

The person who has taken premature retirement can ask for info from his respective Record Office. None other can as such info is kept by the officers in his fiduciary capacity.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2012

Yes he can ask.  Others can ask.  Army can refuse information only if they say that the documents have been destroyed being time expired.

(Guest)

ok , if that be so I wish to ask Army about the discharge certificate of Sri Anna Hazare to settle the issue whether he was discharged or a deserter. Which Regiment in the Army did he serve? Can anybody helps?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2012

Many persons have tried.

surjit singh (Assistant)     15 August 2012

So far  information for Sri Anna Hazare is concerned everything in in the net. As regard receiving reply is concerned from the army authority it is very unlikely that they will reply they will take the plea what Mr Sudhir Kumar has said, I am telling from my own experience even if their records are not destroyed. Kindly note that even for destroying official record there is a procedure under an Act.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 September 2012

Even the destruction record can be sought under RTI. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register