Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindran (Engineer)     07 July 2012

Lease agreement violation

Dear lawers/members,

I'm in need of your expert advise to handle my present situation. Thanks in advance for your help. Recently (18th may 2012) i've entered in to a lease agreement(20 rs stamp paper) with a landlord for an amount of 2.5 lacks for a house of 800 sqft. Since the house was not fully finished he promised me to finish the house within 10 days once i pay the money. So i prepared the document explaining the present condition of the house and the promise of the landlord. I've also mentioned the date when he's gonna finish the rest of the work and hand over the key to me. We both signed the document with witness and i paid the full amount. Later he failed in his promise and now he is not returning back my money . What should i do to recover back my money???

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     07 July 2012

Since he is in breach of agreement - you can serve him a legal notice, if he fails to comply with his obligation - you can file a suit for recovery 

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     07 July 2012

Yes. You need to issue a legal notice to him by the lawyer and you may institute the suit for recovery of your money or suit for specific performance.

Further need to go through the agreement executed between you and the landlord.

Incase you need legal assiatance you may call on 9324538481.

Regards,

umang shah (Legal Manager)     13 August 2012

yes absoultely agree on the above comments by expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register