LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RIZWANrrizz (sales)     22 June 2012

Divorce

I was married  under Hindu Law & I am Hindu got married in 1997 ,we hardly stayed togeather , as he is in USA , after marriage he stayed only for 2 months and after that he used to come to India once in 2 or 3 years and stays for a month or two. now i am leaving sepratly from last 9 years and not seen him since then, i want to get divorced from him but he is not in contact , please advice me how to get divorce and how long it will take.To hide my ID i am giving my friends mail, please mail me to this mail iD : rrizz@hotmail.com 

Learning

4 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     22 June 2012

Dear Querist,

A contested divorce would take long, but since your husband is out of touch - these grounds look probable to me :-

1) Desertion;

2) Presumption of Death if facts warrant; 

3) In any case I feel he won't be forthcoming to contest - and there is a good chance you'd get an ex parte decree for divorce. 

Feel free to talk !

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     22 June 2012

first clarify me, now which caste are you following ? if more than 7 years could not find any one you may file to the court that declaration for death. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 June 2012

Seeing all such kind of queries in the forum, I am just wnadering what is happening with Indian families. Better to go back to Plato concept of families. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register