Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Where to file divorce

Page no : 2

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     07 June 2012

your question is so simple.  You can file petition any one of these three places.

1.  Where marriage was solemnized? (your hometown)

2. Where partied resided together (Bangalore)

3. Where wife is residing at the time of filing the petition (Bangalore).  So, you cannot file petition at Chennai, as it is different place from the place where marriage was solemnized.  If you file your petition in the place where marriage was solemnized (central district of T.N.), your wife may appear there or seek transfer of case from that place to Bangalore or to the place, where she is presently residing (if it is different from Bangalore).  But this transfer is from one State to another State, she has to approach the Supreme Court. 

Next question:  If you do not know her present residential address, try to find out her official address and serve the divorce petition to both the places.  It is always advisable to have a divorce decree out of contest divorce case than ex-parte decree. 

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     07 June 2012

@UNKNOWNABC

I think now its clear to you by chandu sir.

unknownabc (DEF)     07 June 2012

The last question :   I  approached  a lawyer in chennai  and  he  is saying   that  i can file divorce in chennai  as we  lived in chennai before  she  went to banglore(  we lived together  in chennai  for   an year before  she went to banglaore). 

Is  the lawyer correct ?   He has started preparing  divorce petition.

If we file  divorce case in chennai, will it be rejecetd?

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     07 June 2012

APNA THREAD SHURU SE 3-4 BAAR PADHO AUR KHUD DECIDE KARO TUM KAHAN REHTE THE KAHAN JOB KARTE THE KAHAN SHAADI KI KAHAN HONEYMOON MANAYA TUMHARI WIFE KAHAN REHTI HAI..BLAH BLAH...

AGAIN REPEATING SHURU SE AKHIR TAK DUBARA SAARI POST PADHO.

TUMHE ANSWER MIL JAYEGA.

MUJHE NAHI LAGTA YE FORUM TUMHE SATISFY ANSWER DE PAYEGI KABHI.

NA SAMAJH AAYE TO JAISA TUMHARA LAWYER KEH RAHA HAI VAISA KAR LO, VO BHI PAGAL HO GAYA HO GA I AM GUESSING..

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     07 June 2012

jain is right

kush (engr)     23 June 2012

Can any one tell me how much time is taken by Supreme Court to give a virdict on  transfer of   divorce case from one state to other? I also want to know how money is spent by girl side in average to get the case transfered?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register