Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Isha Mahmood (Proprietor)     28 May 2012

How to know the date of reg .gift deed

Hi ,

HI,

SORRY . PLEASE IGNOR EARLIER POST.THIS ONE IS MORE CLEAR.

My Mother  has gifted 65% of the flat to her daughter via registered gift deed after my Father passed away. My FatheR did not leave any will. We are sunni muslims and as per the Muslim law , in absence of will, the son( That is myself) gets 2/3rd share of my fathers fale and the rest id divided between my sister ( I have one one sister and my mother ).Also my mother cannot gft more than 1/3rd of her share. The society is not giving me a copy of the said deed and they have regsitered my sister as a member. I want to contest the deed in the court. But for that i need a copy. How can get a copy ? when i approached the registrar office they said either tell us the date of registration or the id no. of the deed .I do not have both the information. So i wanted to know that if the society has informed me about the deed in April is that the deed was registered in April 2012 or 4 months earlier. What is the exact procedure?Please help.

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,google,googlebuzz,more' }

Learning

1 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     29 May 2012

You will have to provide the details of the property and/or the date to the appropriate Registra's office in whose jurisdiction the property is located.

The meaning of registration is that it becomes a public document and any person (even who has no interest in the property can obtain the document). You need not have the date of the document. Only the details oft he property are enough to search for the same.

Please appoint a person to do a title search or just the search for the registered document and you can get the copy.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register