Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Precautions taken - before marrige!

Page no : 2

498A Missile (Engineer)     16 May 2012

Get out of that girl and marry someone.....don't marry like this sick girls.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     17 May 2012

@ Author

Every gooseberry as in your message before us is normal in great Indian arranged marriage. However in today’s genders turbulent times have your side discussed / put your foot down on below compliance of most burning Rules to safeguard you and your family for future?

If YES then go ahead and take the plunge and live ever happily.

If NO then applied theory of karma says this is not the right timeframe for your marriage happening.

Now in case of any further doubt move your posting to social websites and see the social melodrama as replies unfurling as your question is not a legal question at all is my opinion and gooseberry
(precautions) in opening lines actually refers to below LAW [I] with parting wisdom as in [II] and after following these two no existing law may harm you and your family.

[I]

THE DOWRY PROHIBITION (MAINTENANCE OF LISTS OF PRESENTS TO THE BRIDE AND BRIDEGROOM) RULES, 1985 

G.S.R. 664 (E), dated 19th August, 1985.- In exercise of the powers conferred by Sec.9 of the Dowry Prohibition Act, 1961 (28 of 1961), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:

1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Dowry Prohibition (Maintenance of Lists of Presents to the Bride and Bridegroom) Rules, 1985.

(2) They shall come into force on the 2nd day of October, 1985, being the date appointed for the coming into force of the Dowry Prohibition (Amendment) Act, 1984 (63 of 1984).

2. Rules in accordance with which lists of presents are to be maintained.-(1) The list of presents which are given at the time of the marriage to the bride shall be maintained by the bride.

(2) The list of present which are given at the time of the marriage to the bridegroom shall be maintained by the bridegroom.

Every list of presents referred to in sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2),-

(a) shall be prepared at the time of the marriage or as soon as possible after the marriage:

(b) shall be in writing;

(c) shall contain,- 

(i) a brief descripttion of each present;

(ii) the approximate value of the present;

(iii) the name of the person who has given the present; and

(iv) where the person giving the present is related to the bride or bridegroom, a descripttion of such relationship; 

(d) shall be signed by both the bride and the bridegroom.

Explanation 1.- Where the bride is unable to sign, she may affix her thumb impression in lieu of her signature after having the list read out to her and obtaining the signature on the list, of the person who has so read out the particulars contained in the list.

Explanation 2.- Where the bridegroom is unable to sign he may affix his thumb-impression in lieu of his signature after having the list read out to him and obtaining the signature on the list of the person who has so read out the particulars contained in the list. 

(4) The bride or the bridegroom may, if she or he so desires, obtain on either or both of the lists referred to in sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) the signature or signatures of any relations of the bride or the bridegroom or of any other person or persons present at the time of the marriage.

[II]

Do record the best in town funerary your stag nite! [This will save you from impotency allegations post marriage when she she may run out from dowry / mental cruelties allegations.]
Reasoning:
Here generic opinion of non legal repliers are that every Indian marriages are with and with dowry.

BTW one should simply marry; its is divine merger of two souls.

R K........ (Analyst)     17 May 2012

Dude.. u will get many other girls.. dont get sad by the fact that ur engagement got breaked.. what people will say etc etc.. because its better than taking divorce later on.. Find some decent girl

sanjeev pawar (service)     17 May 2012

dear friend,

i have faced somewhat similiar issues what u have mentioned in your query, the girl never used to talk to my mother and father, her parents never used to talk to my parents, even the girl was somewhat hesisitant to converse with me, yet she talked as if she is interested in marriage, whe told me about the adjustments she will make with me when she comes here, i made the mistake of taking her for granted and marrying her, now she is showing her true colors. every now and then she runs away to her mothers home, doesnt behave well in the house, threatening with 498 and other bullsh*t.............

only one advice, just call off the marriage if you are not comfortable or if your head and heart disagree over something. dont assume things will get alright in the future, as ranee has suggested. assumptions can be dangerous, as i have experienced, look for another girl...............move on in life. call off the marriage.

always keep one thing in mind while looking for a girl.........think with your head, not with your heart....................all the best

Human (MRA)     17 May 2012

@ Manas (Author)

Before you get married please know few facts:

1. Right to Marital Property coming : Whil you are taking "phera", you are signing on 50% transfer deed of all your Assets (not your liabilities) with the girl.

2. Dowry Prohibition Act : Everything that they give you forciblly will soon become DOWRY post marriage.

3. IPC 406 : Even after she takes back all her stuff, 406 will be filed on you for Criminal Breach of Trust on mis-appropiration of "Streedhan". Anything and everything can be counted as Streedhan (even when Higher Courts have given a definition). Then Police comes to your place, your wife points on anything she likes, Police acts as the Courier Team and your wife picks all that she wants to lay her hands on "legally". You can NOT do anything. This is non-bailable and most Husbands live atleast 1 month in Indian Jails because of this section for NO fault of theirs.

4. IPC 498A : Follow her like a lamb or else if she sees that you are even noding your head as a "NO" to her ANY order (including dumping your parents and taking care of her parents financially as a slave), you and your parents, your relatives, your blood relations, your house's dog and anybody will be booked under 498A which is non-bailable.

5. DV Act : If she doesnt like your face, she can file DV too which will ensure that along with Protection and Residence Order in her hand, she can throw you and your family members out of your OWN home while she lives in it and you paying her Monthly Maintenance.

6. CrPC 125 / HMA 24 / Sec 22 DV : She will ask for maintenance under all these sections and as per recent judgments, you will have to maintain her at the same standard which she was accustomed to i.e. living standard before marriage or after marriage, whichever is higher. People have even sold their kidneys to pay maintenance amounts or else have seen jail term.

7. She can easilt file for Divroce under new IrBM and you being worst than "Kasab" will not even have right to oppose her case.

8. She will easily ask for sky when it comes for Alimony and since she will be GLOBALLY treated as "abla nari", she will get it.

9. Since you will be pushed against the wall by her, her parents, police, Judiciary, draconinan Laws with fear and misery for you and your family members (including 92 year old grand mother too or your 6 year old nephew), you will either commit suicide or keep going to Indian Courts (as her handy sections will make State fight against you while she enjoys her life with a new bakra. State has no problem when cases run for decades).

10. If she turns out to be adulterous, you will have no reasons to get Divorce because after her one night stand, it will be termed that she was "Lived in Adultry" (though may be 6 hours back only) but now since in day time, she is not "enjoying with her paramour", she is your wife and you CAN NOT get divorce while she will get maintenance for you. So while she is under her "Happy Time at Night with her Paramour", that very instant ONLY can you file for Adultry (not on her as she can NOT be prosecuted under law) on her paramour. So again, 2 men fight while the girl enjoys with 3rd man.

Another Choice is:

HOPE THAT NOTHING OF ABOVE WILL HAPPEN.

Another Choice is:

Dont marry so NOTHING OF ABOVE WILL HAPPEN.

1 Like

Adv Vikramsinh Mohite (Advocates & Corporate Legal Consultants)     17 May 2012

Dear Manas,

There are very few precautions that you can take. The moment your marriage is fixed, you are trapped in the web of anti-male laws. All the laws are loaded in favour of men. All the rights are with women and all the responsibilities are with men. Marriage is like a punishment for Indian Men. Once you marry, there is no escape without paying a great price. I do not want to discourage you, but this is the fact in India. There is only one precaution that you can take and that is not to marry.

ravindra (Analyst)     17 May 2012

Dear Manav Please buy call recorder and voice recorder

thanks

ravindra sonavane

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     18 May 2012

Belief exposes a man or woman entering into marital relationship to a great degree of vulnerability and exploitation.  However without being vulnerable no one can have trust in the relationship with the spouse.  Being vulnerable means allowing the spouse to exploit the weakness of the other if necessary and be prepared to sacrifice.  Good faith means, being prepared to sacrifice in the process of being vulnerable, and believing that spouse is not capable of that conduct.  If a man or woman is not prepared to be vulnerable and sacrifice and experiment with life, there is no point in marrying.  Such marriage is not marriage at all.

There is a great joy in worshipping the spouse and in being worshipped by the spouse.  For that both of them should display exemplary conduct towards each other and try always to be worthy of such worship by the spouse.  To keep on making such attempts to be worthy of worship by the spouse is the true essence of marriage.  If one is feeling I am worthy of being worshipped, I don’t have to worship other, that person is suffering from Rajas, and where there is Rajas in anyone of the life partners, marriage does not work.  Both of them should strive to be worthy of each other’s worship. 

One who guards to protect oneself from the other in a marital relationship is simply conveying the message that he/she is not trusting the other.  Such person is not worthy to be considered for marriage.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 May 2012

Are not you asking for too much at this instance from the girl.

Let her be herself.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

1 Like

CS Raghav (individual)     19 May 2012

do not marry. your divorce is bound to happen with 3 years of marriage. And you will  repent on your decision yo marry at least this girl.

bhima balla (none)     19 May 2012

Few points.                              1)girl and her family always say she will adjust..that will not happen  2) lack of open communication is a concern and may be indicator of future. This is serious. You need not have to ask them to tell you everything. But you can expect them to communicate at least a few times to keep you all in the loop. Lack of such communication doesn't seem like a good indicator. 3) gut feeling is important. Don' neglect it.  4) precautions do not work. You will face the music irrespective. Nightmare is not going through trial .it is getting there! 5) trust is eroding due to haphazard laws and their selective implementation.   Finally, do not marry. Arre your parents and family aware of the problems that may arise from your marriage? One sneeze from your other half and your entire family will be fighting for life! In the ICU! 

Aishwarya (Teacher)     19 May 2012

what has to happen will happen no matter what u do or take"n" number of precautions even then it would..

"kal maroge yeh soch sochke toh jeena chod doge kya aaj.." hmnmmm

i suggest u dont confuse urself here..this is ur first marriage ryt ..if u keep cctv do other tap fone or stuff its grt likelihood for u to land urself up in trouble and therby damaging the marriage harmony by giving rise to lack of trust and more of suspicion oh her part..

anyhow besides right now u can do this ....guide her to talk to ur parents as well and try to know her better..utilise all the time u have go out, talk and explore each others habits, behavior , moods n all...moreover its better to let her know that a marriage a social one is the joining of of two families together and not just u both alone..daro nahi baat karo and talk well..

rajiv_lodha (zz)     19 May 2012

@ queriest!

Its all DICE, JUAA. U take a plunge if u feel like................but remember if she is not of ur like n things fail to move the way u want..........................life is totally spoilt! No way out then.

Its totally ur own risk-analysis

Robert Johnson   20 February 2021

37 angel number
143 angel number  Thank you for sharing this information with us in a simple language I'm also a blogger and write meaningful content. I got this inspiration of writing through blogs posts like this website.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register