Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (intern)     26 March 2012

Separation

Hi,

I got married to a man who

• hid his first marriage from me
  • his earlier wife was divorced and mother and was divorced from her earlier husband
  • my husband was also going around with a woman colleague at his work place when he got married to me

Now my question is

• is my marriage null and void with him as his wife is still on with the court cases against him?

Under what all sections can I file?

Learning

6 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 March 2012

If the first wife has not got divorce decree in respect of your husband, then it is bigamy.  She as well as you, have got a right to file bigamy cases against him.  If you do not have independent source of income, you are also entitled to claim maintenance, despite the fact that the second marriage is void.

1 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     26 March 2012

Bigamy is under Section 494 IPC.

To declare marriage null and void, petiton under Section 11 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Maintenance under Section 125 Cr.P.C.

1 Like

priya (intern)     27 March 2012

If I put up rape,bigamy,physical torture cases on him,cheating.Will it be non bailable?

What cases can he put up against me and my family in return?

(Guest)

Priya

You are the Queen of Indian Legal System and you have all the cards with you, Hire any cheap local lawyer and you will get all the sections under which you can make his life hell.

I am hoping that you have the evidence of all the charges you are levelling against your husband?

God Bless you

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 May 2012

You can not file for rape, as the marriage was solemized.

You can at most file cheating and bigamy.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Vishwa (translator)     04 May 2012

If I put up rape,bigamy,physical torture cases on him,cheating.Will it be non bailable?

What cases can he put up against me and my family in return?

What a shame that marriage has become a game of (fake) cases and counter cases!!!

You truly disgust me, Priya!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register