Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rapist wants to Marry the Girl:

Page no : 2

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     29 April 2009

dear manasi lets consider that there are societies beyond metros. metro culture  also did not develope in a single day. values, may it be moral, social or legal, are time and place bound. there can not be an universal norm for customs . in its true genesis law is also an advanced and politically ratified form of custom. so we should respect the customs of other communities and should evaluate in surrounding of that community.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     29 April 2009

Dear Manasi, Yes I agree, but what can we do when our National Laws provides it, even International Law can not removed the defect in the laws, and such practices has been illustrated in African Customary laws recognized by their National Laws.

Dear Manas, yes I agree with you, but wht can we do when our National law recognized such laws, and even International law can not remove the laws that has been recognized by the National Laws, and this has been illustrated in African customary Practices as recognized by their National Laws.

Dear Manasi, yes I agree with you, but what can we do when our National Laws recognized such customary practices and even International Law can not remove the defects as recognized by the National Law, and this has been illustrated by the African customary practices as recognized by their National Laws.

Manasi Save (Legal Practioner)     30 April 2009

With due respect to everyone's view expressed on the said topic, I would like to specify my view more precisely that  no doubt such act has a tacit or rather express sanction but then if such redundant customsare to be given so much weight, then where do our judicial system and laws stands in the International Progressive Order . Secondly if one has keenly observed throughout the legal history, there has always been substainal conflicts between progressive laws on one hand and customs practices on the other , for instance child marriage (customary practice), female infanticide (customary practice), dowry, but today  we as a society are increasingly aware, I totally agree that in rural areas the sitiuation is not that promising, but if we  don't start the process rolling at the right time we might end ourseleves as that same African community. Thirdly, laws are like weapons if not fallen in right and able , honest hands, definitely can be misused.     

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register