Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aman (Senior Lead)     15 February 2012

Quash - 498a

Hello Seniors,

As per the mediation agreement reached in Punjab and Chg Haryana high court , I am my wife made a statement where we had to pay her amount in three installement one - on filiing divorce , second on quash of FIR and then on 2nd motion of divorce.

We went as per the agreement . During the quash hearing , my wife told judge not to quash till divorce is finally granted and judge gave a date few days after final motion.

Now we signed on final motion and paid the settlement amount on 2nd motion. We collected the decree of divorce next day.

Finally during the quash date in HC , judge asked the girl whether she is ready , girl said she has no objection as she has got the divorce. Now judge told us to give the draft to girl for quash settlement amount.

But after that she gave another date for quash . So in nutshell girl got the divorce and the entire money but case is not quashed yet.

If judge was not intending to quash the case on that day , why she told us to give the draft to the girl.

This is like referring case to mediation center , then when we acted as per the settlement , we didn't get the quash and girl got everything.

Can anything be done legally in this case now?

Learning

2 Replies

Chaitanya_Lawyer_Mumbai (Lawyer)     17 February 2012

you have mentioned,

'girl said she has no objection as she has got the divorce. '

so it should be quashed in the next date.

is this statement recorded by the court? 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

Don't worry, the case would be quashed on next date.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register