Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (Engineer)     20 January 2012

Credit card closure

Hi,

I had a SBI credit card and in the year 2007 cleared all pending charges. I called the SBI customer care and asked the rep the total amount to be paid for the closure of the credit card and i paid the amount through cheque. The amount was deducted from my bank account. I did not recieve the clearance certificate eventhough i paid the full amount. Meanwhile SBI kept sending reminders stating i still have outstanding balance to be paid eventhough i have paid in full and have proof of the same. I recieved a lawyers notice a couple of days back saying i have to pay Rs24,000. Please suggest the best course of action i can take.

Kind regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     20 January 2012

Approach the bank personally and check what balance is due per their system and has the payment made by you has been accounted by them.

ajay sethi (lawyer)     20 January 2012

you have to reply to legal notice . mention about letter sent by you for closure of card , amount deducted from your account and deny that you are liable to pay any amount to SBI. on receipt of reply most probably SBi wont porceed further

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register