LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     02 January 2012

Are women to blame for rape?

Karnataka's Women & Child Welfare minister C. C. Patil was quoted saying that women should “know how much skin they should cover.”

He stated that incidents like rape and s*xual harassment can be attributed to the decline in moral values in men, indirectly caused by women dressing “provocatively.”

A similar opinion was expressed 2 days ago by Andhra Pradesh DGP Dinesh Reddy who blamed the rise in rape on women’s choice of “fashionable clothing,” like the salwar kameez. Shocked by his statement, the chairperson of the National Commission for Women asked, “Sixty-five years after gaining freedom, how can someone tell women what they should wear?”

Images from Besharmi Morcha held in Delhi in July, to protest rape, s*xual harassment and eve teasing.

So we ask you – Should women restrict themselves to saris to protect their modesty? Or should they be entitled the freedom to dress the way they please, without fear of rape or harassment?

https://in.news.yahoo.com/the-big-question--are-women-to-blame-for-rape-.html

Learning

10 Replies

Daksh (Student)     03 January 2012

Respected Ma'am,

The answer is a very emphatic NO and we can amusingly conclude that these two gentlment being Mr.Patil and Mr.Reddy needs a bold get well soon treatment.

Best Regards

Daksh

Ranee....... (NA)     03 January 2012

Originally posted by :Daksh
"
Respected Ma'am,

The answer is a very emphatic NO and we can amusingly conclude that these two gentlment being Mr.Patil and Mr.Reddy needs a bold get well soon treatment.

Best Regards

Daksh
"

ha ha ..true..

Patil Get well soon...

Reddy get well soon...

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 January 2012

I dont think dress has got nothing to do with rape. A rapist will always rape whether in a bikini or completely covered with blankets. It is just a matter of time and opprtunity that will counts in rape.

sandeep gangwar (AUDITOR)     04 January 2012

I dont think dress has got nothing to do with rape. Its totally depent upon the mentallity and nature of the persons

In the world everybody have thier own lifestyle. 

" Oneday i was going to my college, I saw two old man age around 60-65. Few of the girls of my college also going to college, old guys acting like that those girls are walling on the road .

Why should be blamed only one side.?

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     09 January 2012

Umar pachpanki, Dil bachpanka, 

Nothing wrong feel young and energetic. 

But should never be so energetic and excited to Rape. 

Make Love, not Rape. 

Admire Beauty, Don't forget your Duty.  Enjoy Looking at Tender Flowers, Don’t crush it, 

By dressing well, if they increase the beauty and charms, and expose them self at their cost, Enjoy the God given beauty. Well dressed. 

Dress cannot be and should not be a cause for Rape. It is, I should say, a mental disorder of a man, committing Rape. 

I personally inherit a long British Behaviour and Culture. I beleive in disciplined decontrol. Liberty with conciousness.  

Control on Dress with saree or BURKHA, is not a control. 

DECONTROL, and control your mind, your thought, yourself, Let them Bloom, in colorful Dresses, and control your mind, enjoy looking at them, is a control 

We should believe in DECONTROL. Controlling anything never control it. Dress or Saree. 

Laws Of Attraction (ADVOCATE)     10 January 2012

If men wear shorts and roam on roads is it not Vulgar?? Why don't such people criticise them??

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     15 April 2012

very often i have heard people saying that men will rape even if the woman is in a saree or salwaar kameez,and i agree with them.

then they go a step further to say that because a woman can be raped in any case,there's no harm wearing wot she feels like(even if that's revealing),and that the problems is of men's attitude,not of such girls.

now let me ask something from you all...

suppose your friends tell you that a woman wearing a ordinary golden chain can face chain snatching any time.so there's no harm in wearing a diamond set worth several lakhs and walking on streets...

so,will u follow that advice and start wearing your costly diamond set in the local streets?

or will you take precaution and wear only simple jewellery when travelling alone,so that it doesn't attract attention of chain snatchers,knowing v.well that your city is famous for chain snatching..?

decision lies on you.....

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 April 2012

now, at delhi, women holding the post of president; speaker; chief minister; three mayors of mcd.

Ms sheela Dixit told that if necessary she will provide reservation for male.

Are you happy now Roshni ji? 

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     17 April 2012

@arup,

kindly explain what you are trying to say here..

Ranee....... (NA)     18 April 2012

Originally posted by :Arup
"
now, at delhi, women holding the post of president; speaker; chief minister; three mayors of mcd.

Ms sheela Dixit told that if necessary she will provide reservation for male.

Are you happy now Roshni ji? 
"

ha ha ha....arupji, why should Roshni be happy?Delhiwala males need to be happy..;)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register