Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mani123456 (Engineer)     13 December 2011

My own lawyer is harrassing me

Hi,

My Lawyer is forcing me to go for settelement and pay 10 lakhs to my wife for divorce.

She is not even giving me custody of my son to me.

My Lawyer sort of harassed me. He tried to made me scared by telling that even your 498a aquittal

may not be amount to mental cruelity. If case goes to high court, high court judge will pressurize you

to give a lot of amount to your wife for settlement.

I have sufficient ground for mental cruelity against me by my wife.

1.My parents have been dicharged in 498a by police.

2. She tells clearly in her objections that she does not want to stay with me if my parents

live with me. I am the only son of my parents.

3. There are certain contradictions in her objections and in cross examinations her lawyer asked me

certain questions

first round of my cross examination is over. Her Lawyer wants to more examine me.

Kindly advise me what must I do at this stage?  Can I change m y Lawyer?

If I stick to same Lawyer I do not know how he is going to fight my case as he has been giving

me worst service. And I do not trust him now.

Regards

Mani 

Learning

13 Replies

**Victim** (job)     13 December 2011

Time of change a lawyer

(Guest)

Change your lawyer immediately...

I have changed 4 lawyers in 2 years time....My previous lawyer has caused me enourmous trouble..

Change him before it is too late...

Gautam

(Guest)

Your have to take a NOC from your present  lawyer and go in for another one . Dont get pressurised by him . you have not mentioned if your wife is earning etc and the details . If she has a good pay package and is able to maintain herself than why do you have to pay 10 lacs .you lawyer would have  to apply for custody under Gaurdians and wards act for your  son or you can ask for visitation rights to meet your child every weekend plus equal sharing of annual vacation period of your child . .

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     13 December 2011

change lawyer , fight case - u have proofs.

Mani123456 (Engineer)     14 December 2011

Thanks,

I have been searching for a Lawyer. But some of them are not agreeing to fight my case

at this stage. Perhaps they have some unwrittent rule not to take such cases and want to

ignore basic rules of humanity.

Worst to worst case, if none of the Lawyer gets agreed and I have to fight my own case,

can I do cross examination and final arguments of my case?  I am very much familar with

my case and have been observing court proceedings since last 2 years. What lawyer can do

I can also do . It is just matter of asking and arguing the case logically with the evidences, and written

things in my petition and her objections?

My wife is working and earning around 20000 Rs per month.

I have been paying her interim maintenance of 12000 Rs per month.

Regards

Mani

Mani123456 (Engineer)     14 December 2011

I am searching for a Lawyer who can take mony in stage wise.

If there is cross he take some amount

if there is final arugments he take some amount.

I have been cheated by present Lawyer as he has taken full amount, so want

a lwayer who do work and then take money.

Regards

Mani

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     15 December 2011

Mani,

many lawyers would be ready for step wise payments.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Aishwarya (Teacher)     15 December 2011

change ur lawyer immediately..and he is just trying to scare u about courts..the more higher u go in courts ie'' high court or supreme court the amount of settlement or maintainance goes down rather than high ..fight on merits..dont fear anything not ur lawyer atleast ..u can chage him ,do it asap rather being slave to his malice..

JAGJEET SINGH (Advocate)     15 December 2011

Dear Mani, you may change your lawyer at any stage of case by filing a fresh Power to authorizing your new counsel to represent you before the Hon'ble Court. Jagjeet

Mani123456 (Engineer)     16 December 2011

Thanks a lot.

Kindly let me know how must I go about to find a Lawyer?

I do want to change my present Lawyer as I do not trust him any longer.

I do not have any clue in Bangalore except SIFF which is NGO, to find a

Lawyer who can take my case and take payment in stage.

I  am fully aware of my case facts. Can I present myself for doing cross examination

and final arguments before the court?

Regards

Manish

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     21 December 2011

If you are confident you can do effective cross, you may. Because this is the most important step in any case/

I would suggest that if you lack knowledge on how to confront, you should not do corss yourself.

Which place do you need a lawyer in?

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Mani123456 (Engineer)     21 December 2011

Hi,

I need Lawyer in Bangalore. finally my Lawyer ditched me and gave me NOC. I stand alone in

my cross examination happened. My cross examination is over. Now her evidences and cross will

be happening. I will prepare the Lawyer effectively by telling him all facts , but I want  a decent person who do work and then take

money on stages.

Regards

Mani

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     21 December 2011

Make your home work propertly , how many times you will change the advocate.

By the way what is your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register