Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ShaikAbdul (abc)     18 November 2011

In muslims, is will is legal?

Hi,

In Muslims, what is the procedure to write the WILL? Is Will is legal as per ISLAM Law?  If not what is the other alternatives we have.

Thanks 

Learning

5 Replies

pratik (self working)     18 November 2011

i also want to know.

Thanks

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     18 November 2011

Dear Shaikabdul,

Yes it is legal to make a will.Under muslim law it is referred to as wasiyat. A muslim can bequeth only  1/3 of his property in a will and 2/3 will devolve upon the heirs according to law,the exception to this rule is - if all the legal heirs agree relinquish their rights over the property mentioned in the will

1 Like

ShaikAbdul (abc)     24 November 2011

Hi,

To be saferside and not to get any problems/issues in feature, Can we write Partition deed for remaining 2/3 property?  To register the Partition deed what will be the cost in Andhra Pradesh.

Is there any other possibilities do we have in Muslims to not to get any problems/issues in feature for the  remaining 2/3 property other than Partition deed.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance..

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     24 November 2011

Dear ShaikAbdul,

yes, you can execute a registered partition deed amongst all the legal heirs.Once a proper partition is effected , you will have no issues in future.you may get your share mutated in revenue records and start paying property tax on the same.I am not aware of stamp duty charges in A.P

ShaikAbdul (abc)     25 November 2011

Hi,

Is there any other possibilities do we have in Muslims to not to get any problems/issues in feature for the  remaining 2/3 property other than Partition deed.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register