LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avinash (asst)     12 November 2011

Disown from family

Due to my Alcohol problem. my father disown me by signing some papers at notary. I do not have the copy of it. Nether i read the papers before signing. What was the content of those papers could be.? My father is dead now. My father did not made a will. Now my brother is trying to get my mother owner of the property. Since we do not talk to each other much. And are living in two differnet cities. My brother wants power of attorney from me to transfer the property in mothers name. Why i dont know.? I was addmitted to two Rehabilitation center for Alcohol treatment. Sorry to Say my father had pressuried me for signing papers at notary. More over during that time I was high on alcohol. Now with Grace of God. I have being away from Alcohol for more than two years. And Taken complete resposibility of myself. What my brother is trying to do.? He is trying to detoriat my name by showing disown papers to people. I do not have any support in old city (Where i have created nusence during my alcohol time)....................Please Help...................I have a desire to Start my Family.....

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     13 November 2011

Since your father did not make a will, the self acquired and ancestral properties of your father will devolve upon your mother,brother and you

you must file a suit for partition and get your share of the property.Unless you sign a release deed your right remains intact.

1 Like

Avinash (asst)     13 November 2011

------------------------------------

Thanks for your reply.

Now what shall I tell my mother and brother that i am filing suit for partion. They live in Delhi. I live in Bangalore. The property is in Pune and Delhi.

How long it takes for partition.Expenditure.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     19 November 2011

it would take around 6 months - 1 year.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     19 November 2011

you give a legal notice served through a competent lawyer by putting all the facts clearly to your mother and brother.  Later on file a partition suit either in Delhi or Pune, where the properties situate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register