LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kasim (some)     29 September 2011

Adivce

my name is kasim. my wife & I got marred 8 months ago( we have done court marriage ). after 1 month of our marriage we were not comfortable with each other & so she went to her home. since then we are apart form each other.

now we both are ready to get separate. and she do not want any thing from me she is ready to give divorce without any excuses

so if we file our divorce now how long it will take to get divorce form court

waiting for Ur advice

Learning

7 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     29 September 2011

Dear Kasim

first tell me about your wife she is hindu or muslim or ant other religion

Sameer12345 (SSE)     29 September 2011

Dear Kasim,

What is the date of your marriage?

To apply for Mutual Contest Divorce, You both needed to live separately at least a year.

Once application is submitted, Court orders you both to come up after 6 months to get the degree of divorce.

she is muslim

11th march 2011

my name is kasim we are both muslim. my wife & I got marred 8 months ago( we have done court marriage ) on 11 march 2011 . after 1 month of our marriage we were not comfortable with each other & so she went to her home. since then we are apart form each other.

now we both are ready to get separate. and she do not want any thing from me she is ready to give divorce without any excuses

so if we file our divorce now how long it will take to get divorce form court

Hemanth Kumar (student)     29 September 2011

Hi,

Please consult a lawyer in your locality, who is well versed with such family matters.

with regards

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 September 2011

I think and it should be correct, that you and your wife got married under Special Marriage Act. Hence rules of divorce would be as per Indian Divorce Act, also in Special Marriage Act and Sharia divorce is not applicable here.

An application for presentation of Mutual Consent Divorce Petition within the time limit of One Year of marriage has to be made in the court for speedy divorce.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register