Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     13 January 2009

Scope after doing LL.M.? Pls help

hello experts i am in ll.b. hons 5th year in India now i have planned for doing

ll.m. so friends i need ur valuable suggestion for what opportunities 

i'll have after doing ll.m. and any suggestion u have.

Learning

16 Replies

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     13 January 2009

DEAR ABHISHEK,

Graduates (LLB) also can start their career as a Legal Professional (LAWYER/ADVOCATE/LEGAL COUNSEL/LEGAL ADVISOR/LEGAL MANAGER/LAW OFFICER).

After completion of LLB/LLM courses they can work as lawyer or as above.

They also can join judicial services by qualifying competitive exams conducted by public service commissions.

They can also work independently as a consultant in legal matter. Here remuneration is quite lucrative after having some purposeful experiences.

OR Otherwise go through the following site.

https://www.llm-guide.com/

1 Like

BHANU RASPUTRA (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com)     14 January 2009

i agree with  mr.ahmed.and u can be professor and also can do PHD on subject taken in LLM

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     15 January 2009

Md. Aejaz Ahemad guided very right.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     11 March 2009

i agre with all of you

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     18 March 2009

many students ask quastions as they think that something should be asked, may the answer be well known to them.

ritu bhadana (advocate)     20 March 2009

i do agree with mr.v.n. tripathi also

UMA DEVI MADASANI (INCHARGE IPR DEPARTMENT & HR DEPARTMENT: CS (Executive) student)     22 March 2009

Mr.Abhishek,

I appreciate your eagerness to know about your career with LL.M.  Many students of LL.B. do not have a clearcut picture about their career.  Because in India law degree means legal profession.  Apart from, there are more opportunities to law students.  If your goal is to enter any MNC, opt for doing LL.M corporate and securities laws.  You can enter any corporate company with your law degree.  Companies are offering jobs for freshers with good track record.  If you are doing LL.B in reputed institution you need not go for LL.M.  You may be selected through campus interview.  Many companies prefer employees with LL.M.for higher positions. 

The following are my suggestions.

1.  If you are willing to join LL.M I advise you to join in Corporate and Securities Laws regular or distance.

2. You can do MBL from NLSIU Bangalore if you are not willing to practice law.  This course is for those who are opting for higher positions in corporate companies.

3.  My strong advise is immediately join any MNC as fresher and do Company Secretary Course through distance education.  This course is open through out the year. 

4. If you are willing to enter any new regime join NLSIU bangalore in P.G.DIPLOMA IN IPR LAWS.  There will be demand for LL.B and PGDIPR persons in future. 

5.  In case your intention is to join any popular law firm do LL.M.Corporate Laws and join, then.

I hope my suggestions will properly guide you.  I wish you all the best.  Higher studies always an additional advantage for any law student.

2 Like

sabina yasmin ahmed (advocate)     24 January 2010

hello,abhishek

gud question..nice to hear that u want to go for llm degree..we people need young and enegetic persons..qulifications are the weapons to win the war of life..go through the suggetions of MR. AHMED and UMA DEVI MADASANI.

i wish u all the best.

R K Chauhan (Superintendent)     19 May 2010

Suggestions by Ms. Uma Devi r quite valuable. The field of legal services is so vats...and is growing in India...Law of torts is yet to pick up pace here...and legal services would be in greta demand in India in next decade...and thereafter. So future is bright for aspirants...but as we have been told in our law classes...one needs to be patient as far as rewards in this field go...with knowledge, experience, confidence and hard-work, one can achieve a good position say in 5-10 years. And afterwards..there is no looking back.. Wish all the best to all aspirants...

vikas dua (asstt proffesor in management)     23 November 2010

hello gentleman ,

I HAD COMPLETED MY MBA DEGREE AND GETTING ONLY RIGOROUS MARKETING JOBS WHICH I FEEL I SHOULD NOT DO THAT .RIGHT NOW I AM WORKING AS ASST PROFESSOR IN PRIVATE  COLLEGE AND LAW STUDENT IN FIRST YEAR KINDLY SUGGEST THE SCOPE OF MBA + LLB IN CORPORAT E                 S ECTOR .AND THINKING OF TAKING ADMISSION IN CS ALSO BUT AS LAW FIELD IS VERY NEW TO ME KIINDLY GIVE SUGGESTIONS 

THANK YOU

vikas dua (asstt proffesor in management)     23 November 2010

RITU ,CAN I ASK HOW MANY YEARS U  HAVE BEEN AS A ADVOCATE  WHAT R U R EXPERIENCES IF U WISH  .

priyanka pai (Advocate)     03 January 2011

I agree with Uma Devi. Thank you for your suggestions.

Ashish Dhingra (Founder of Ashish Dhingra & Associates)     11 November 2013

yes even I want to know the value of LLB + MBA...I have completed LLB but want to know why people say that LLB + MBA is a lethal combination ? and what is the scope of doing MBA after LLB ?

Ashish Dhingra (Founder of Ashish Dhingra & Associates)     11 November 2013

Hello Uma..I am very much thankful to you for your answering this query. I have completed my BA;LLB (H) from IP University in Delhi in 2012 but after practicing as an Advocate for an year I wanted to know what is the scope of doing LLM if I want to earn very good money and want to work in the legal depatt. of a company. I have been given mixed reviews by many people that LLM is only for those who want to pursue their career in academics but I do not want to go in academics rather I want to go into corporate sector where there are job timings unlike working with law firms and independent advocates who pay very meager salary and exploit till late nights for their work. My university in Delhi from where I did BA;LLB does not have any placement so I want to know which universities in India have placements after LLM and in which area LLM should be done ?

Also I want to know why people say that LLB + MBA is a lethal combination ? Is it a myth or reality that both these degrees can work wonder in getting a good job in corporate sector ?

Please help Uma :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register