Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nilesh (--)     22 June 2011

From July 1, check your EPF account balance online

From July 1, check your EPF account balance online

The department is ready to provide the facility on its website, labour minister to review the facility today.

For the over 47.2 million members of Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), finding out the balance in their EPF account will just be a few clicks away from next month.

“The updation of accounts is currently on by all the 120 offices across the country and we are expecting that the subscribers will be able to view their account balance online from July 1 this year,” a senior EPFO official told Business Standard.

He said in the first phase, members would be able to view their EPF balance of the previous financial year on the website by quoting their account number. “In the next phase, accounts will be updated to show the latest balance. This might take 3-4 months after the introduction of the facility in July.”

The initiative is expected to address major grievance of EPF subscribers as, at present, it is difficult to ascertain the exact amount in the EPF independently at a particular time. Once it is possible to view the account balance, the members will be able to put pressure on the concerned offices in case the contribution has not been deposited.

“This will bring a lot of transparency in the whole process of employers submitting EPF contributions in the accounts of employees. Ninety per cent of the grievances on whether the money has been submitted or not, would be over,” said the official.

On the question of the possible misuse of the facility as others would be able to view the EPF account balance of a particular member if they know his EPF number, the official said: “We dwelt on this issue extensively and ultimately it was decided that in the interest of transparency, this facility should be allowed.”

The measure is part of the EPFO’s efforts to improve service delivery. Labour and Employment minister Mallikarjun Kharge is meeting EPFO officials from 120 offices across the country on Wednesday to discuss the steps for improving service delivery by the organisation. The minister will assess the account updation status at various offices and steps associated with improvement of service delivery.

Source  : https://www.business-standard.com/india/news/from-july-1-check-your-epf-account-balance-online/440019/

Learning

12 Replies

piyush sharma (Lawyer)     22 June 2011

Thankyou very good informatioin

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2011

Thanks for the information.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 June 2011

Thanks for the information.

mohd nasir (sampling co-ordinator)     04 July 2011

dear sir/ madam

i want to know my balance detaisl of my account in employee provident fund number delhi  is dl-29/474/025.pls provide us the details asap.

Thanks & kind Regards

Mohd.Nasir

mohd nasir (sampling co-ordinator)     04 July 2011

04 July 2011, 12:33  

mohd nasirI am Online

sampling co-ordinator [edit]
[edit photo]

[ Scorecard : 22]

dear sir/ madam

i want to know my balance details of my account in employee provident fund delhi  & the pf number is dl-29474/025.

pls provide us the details asap.

Thanks & kind Regards

Mohd.Nasir

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 July 2011

Kindly visit :

www.epfindia.com, www.epfindia.gov.in

If your a/c is not updated, you can speak to them on phone, or you can raise RTI application.

If you raise RTI application ask  if the employer deposited funds everymonth or not, as the dept. shall levy a penalty on employer in case of default.

Mohd Ilyas Akhter (Officer)     11 July 2011

The facility has been Started for Mostly Delhi and Banglore. Some more offices have been added but all the offices have not been addded.

Balasubramanyam (RE)     01 December 2012

Dear Sir,

I was working for HDFC Standard life insurance from Oct 2005 to Dec 2007. and Emp Id is 4444. How do i know my PF balance as  in Payslip in PF column only Emp Id is printed.

Regards,

Balasubramanyam N

Bangalore

Mob: 9900188411

Balasubramanyam (RE)     01 December 2012

Dear Sir,

I was working for HDFC Standard life insurance co. from Oct 2005 to  Dec 2007. In PF column in Payslip only employee id is printed. How can i check my PF Balance?

Regards,

Balasubramayam N

Bangalore

Mob: 9900188411

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 December 2012

You have posted that:

“I was working for HDFC Standard life insurance co. from Oct 2005 to  Dec 2007. In PF column in Payslip only employee id is printed. How can i check my PF Balance?”

Did you get PF account slip/accumulation report form your company while in employment and after leaving and did you submit PF withdrawal/transfer forms after leaving the company?

You must demand your PF number from company in writing under acknowledgment.

Don't ask the PF number verbally, and don't accept verbally.

Write to the good office of your appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR to supply your PF number in writing.

If you have not transferred/withdrawn your PF after 3 years your a/c interest would not be added to you’re a/c.

At www.epfindia.gov.in

You can do establishment search.

Balasubramanyam (RE)     03 December 2012

I have not received any PF statement or i have withdrawn. Please suggest how do i get PF Number.

Regards,

Balasubramanyamn N

Mob: 09900188411

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 December 2012

You must demand your PF number from company in writing under acknowledgment.

Write to the good office of your appointing authority, MD, with a copy to Head-HR to supply your PF number in writing and PF account slips for the period dated……..to dted…….by redg. post only and highlight that while in employment you have been clamoring to get your PF number and PF account slips however these were never supplied to you. You may mention that a postage prepaid { as purchased from PO} self addressed envelope is enclosed for sending the redg. post to you.

If the good offices also do not provide any relief you may complain in writing to o/o concerned APFC/RPFC with a copy to Addl. CPFC of the state and CPFC.

You can also submit complaint thru local PF office at your location. Later you can chase thru RTI.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register