LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra Shekar (Application Developer)     27 April 2011

Double Registration

Hello Everyone, recently I was looking for plot for purchase, I approached one party say 'A' who is having a plot of 180sqyrds with the plot no as 521, suituated in OU Colony, Shaikpet Village, Hyderabad. The owner of the property have given me the xerox copies all the link documents to me for verification. All the link documents are looking good when I enquired with the legal people. But when I took the latest Encumberance Certificate for the above mentioned plot, I was shocked to see that the same plot no 521 is registered to another woman. And the person who executed the registration to the woman was the OU colony association itself. Now my question is can a single plot have two different resgistration. Second party 'A' has got the four link documents and first link document shows that he has purchased the plot from the OU Colony association members. Third shall i purchase this property or not and could be precautionary measures I should take care if I purchase the property from the party 'A'.

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     27 April 2011

If you want to purchase the property then give a paper publication calling for the objections by the public.  Then only you will come to know that who has purchased the property.

venkatesh (Advocate)     27 April 2011

First apply for the certified copy of the Sale Deed executed in favor of said Women. Tally the boundaries etc., of  certified copy obtained with the documents produced by A. Enquire with the OU colony. Ascertain who is in physical possession. Further you have not stated which Sale Deed is registered first i.e, A's or woman's. The former one will prevail over the latter

prasanta kumar parida (sr. consultant)     28 April 2011

in my opinion you should not purchase the land which is sold to a 3rd party earlier.now only option is that, you can move competent civil court to realise the amount recieved by the prospective sellor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register