LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bina (none)     07 December 2008

Family Problems

Two men, one European and an Indian were sitting in a bar drinking shot after shot. Having stayed in west for some years, the neo-westernised Indian was impressed with the liberal attitude of the Europe.
The Indian man said to the European, "You know my parents are forcing me to get married to this so called homely girl from a village whom I haven't even met once." We call this arranged marriage.
I don't want to marry a woman whom I don't love... I told them that openly and now have a hell lot of family problems."
The European said, talking about love marriages... I'll tell you my story.
I married a widow whom I deeply loved and dated for 3 years. "After a couple of years, my father fell in love with my step-daughter and so my father became my son-in-law and I became my father's father-in-law.
Legally now my daughter is my mother and my wife my grandmother.
More problems occurred when I had a son. My son is my father's brother and so he is my uncle. Situations turned worse when my father had a son. Now my father's son i.e. my brother is my grandson.
Ultimately, I have become my own grand father and I am my own grandson.
And you say you have family problems...

Learning

10 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     07 December 2008

Any such problems Bina?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 December 2008

Interesting family episode. Yes, relationship can create srtatling result.

Bina (none)     07 December 2008

…To SC SURESH…                                                                                                       Of course, I do have such problems and way more complex.                       Widow mom-in-law decided to remarry a widower. She had a son “X” and he had a son “Y” from previous marriage. Third son “Z” born from their second wedlock. Man died and his land got divided into 3 parts; widow: Y: Z. On her death Z got her part too. So two brothers ended up this way; Y (1/3) : Z (2/3). Now X dies and his land divided between his widow and mother (remarried), and mother’s part again goes to Z! Means Z got the half property of X too.                                                                                                                                     My enigma is how come a “CHILD BORN FROM WIDOW REMARRIAGE HAS MORE PROPERTY RIGHTS THAN HIS/HER SIBLING” !!!!

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 December 2008

Dear Bina Ji, better write a book on such complex family issues. Infact the Conflicts of Laws has many many such complex and mind boggling family issues in the 21st Century. Consider this, a married couple got a son through surrogate mother with the sperm of another man. After some years the wife went through s*x operation and becanme a man. see the family legal complex.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     07 December 2008

Let's talk real issues here please!

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     08 December 2008

If you write a book, then it'll be more critical than Transer of Property Act

ritu bhadana (advocate)     31 March 2009

g8 i cnt control laughing

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     16 September 2009

hahaahahQ: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for
a pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
Q: Did you check for breathing?
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
began the autopsy?
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law.

(Guest)

Starting joke, Bina told Europeans attitude. You are perfectly correct.

(Guest)

Bina how you get these complex thoughts?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register