Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is Hindi use compulsory for Central Government servants?

Page no : 3

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     28 April 2011

Ram Samudre Ji u agree or dis-agree with anything because our is a democratic country but I must request you to kindly do not divide India into North, South,East or West as like many hindutwa enthusiastic who  don't tolerate people of other faith and suggest them to go to Pa.....n whereas they are more patriotic than others.Let the people have their choice to follow what they like is best for them if they are not infringing on other's right and for me evrybody has the right, be it a small or big Indian.

With all the due respect Ram Samudre ji u r running a DRF so please follow the same which u preach.The same constitution has guaranteed you the right to self defence but that does not give authority to kill anyone in the name of self defence.

It hurts me if my mother tongue which unluckily has been accorded the status of Raj Bhasha , is denounced by the so called champions of  democratic rights.

Regards.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     28 April 2011

HINDI NOT COMPULSARY BUT PREFARABLE.

THE TUNE OF THE CONSTITUTION IS THAT.

(Guest)

Than why people sending their children in high fees charging English medium educational institutes?

And if people like to use English, be educated in English medium, how it could be a problem for others?

Why not stopping to those who are leaving India and getting jobs in abroad and settling there? Why they are ot having opportunity of progress in worldwide range here?

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Arup
"
HINDI NOT COMPULSARY BUT PREFARABLE.

THE TUNE OF THE CONSTITUTION IS THAT.
"

Means choice is in the hands of the people, why pressurising / insisting?

So let them choose how they like to live their own life if they are not disturbing other's freedom. NO?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 May 2011

My Dear Ram Amudreji

Here is a piece for you from another posting wrongly titled:

22 April 2011, 23:02  

Om Prakash Dhusia

HR assistant

[ Scorecard : 691]

Thank the Contributor

Send PM

Mr.Ramani. again I am thanksful for updating me about the issue in question but at any cost i would not buy the theory that English is the language spoken in 3/4 of the world.We at Gulf have been working with almost 60 to 70 nationalities and almost 50 to 55 nationalities do not converse in English and where in the Europe, most part of Asia, African continent people speak English? As I have alredy stated it is only we, the earstwhile slaves of Britishers do feel proud of speaking English and condemn our own mother tongue.It is mainly the commonwealth nations where English is the lingua franca but still it is not the language of common people and those who know this language consider them to be above others.

It is our bad luck that English has been mentioned the language of Law in my home country whereas in almost every Arabic speaking world, English is always at the backstage because they are proud of their mother tongue.You did not find any objection to English on being imposed on us but very averse to Hindi, spoken by atleast 2/3 of India.

I am not a commentator for Canara bank but they always corresponded with me in Hindi and I was very much impressed by them, it is as simple as that and Canara Bank is not having its Head office in the Hindi heartland but they have the respect for my mother tongue whereas none other bank ever use Hindi as their correspondance language.

Please dont quote examples of the people who have their own agenda but helping  their countrymen is never in their thoughts and who reside in their imaginative, isolated castles. I never heard of this gentleman called Ram Samudre. Is he Anna Hajare a down to earth simpleton , Swami Agnivesh,the social reformer,Medha Patekar, a social worker,Kiran Bedi, a passionate law crusador?if any of these noble creation of God has ever mentioned to be  English the only language of India, I would blindly follow them.

Thanks and regards.

Hindi cannot be insisted upon in Central Government Offices. If Raj Thackeray comes to know that this happened in Mumbai, rest assured the officer's face would be blackened within 24 hours.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 May 2011

Once upon a time I purchased a caller id telephone through indiatimes.com. The instrument was promptly delivered to me at my door-step in a couple of days. Along with the instrument I also received a small booklet titled “Operating Instructions” in English of course. But the language was so horrible that I could never use that telephone instrument. Sometimes, some of the postings here also are so difficult to understand, that I feel  that each should be allowed to give his posting in his/her own mother tongue. Thus neither Mr. Om Prakash Dhusia nor anyone else, with mother tongue other than Hindi, need feel that his mother tongue was insulted.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     10 January 2012

What will happen if letters are sent in Hindi to Tamil Nadu and vice versa?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 January 2012

I see here someone after 8 months.  He asks:

"What will happen if letters are sent in Hindi to Tamil Nadu and vice versa?"

I ask back " what will happen if such a letter is sent to any other State?" The same will happen in Tamilnadu also. Now Madam Jayalalitha is the Chief Minister there. She spoke in chaste Hindi in Uttar Pradesh some years ago.

Karunanidhi protested when the then PM Vajpayee gave his reply address in Hindi in Parliament to President Clinton . But will Karunanidhi come back?  I think he will be dead before he gets another chance. And his sons know neither Hindi nor English. If they come to power anyone who wanted to communicate with them will have to learn Tamil.

The Constitution does not give freedom to use any language other than Hindi after 15 years. Those 15 years are long over Ram Samudreji. After 15 years any language other than Hindi can be used only if Parliament makes law for a specific purpose. Has Parliament made such a law. If so what is the name and year of the Act?

I am a non-lawyer in a Forum of lawyers. How is it that lawyers are able to read what is not written in the law?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 January 2012

Government Departments do have no Chairpersons. The Departments will have Heads of Departments. For the purpose of RTI, one need not write to the Head of the Department. There will be designated Public Information Officers, to whom one can write.

It is not necessary for Shri Gopal Soni to write to anybody under RTI. I can right away give the information. In fact Mr. Ram Samudre, the self styled champion of English has already given that. It is just Article 343 (1) of the Constitution of India, which clearly states the basis of what the superior Officer did. There are a couple of “Notwithstanding” for Article 343 (1). But neither of them negates the validity of the Article as on today. The first “notwithstanding” is that the said Article would be effective only after a period of 15 years. The Constitution of India came into effect from 26th January, 1950. The fifteen year period came to a close on the morning of 27th January, 1965. Almost 62 years are over since.

The second notwithstanding is with regarding any law passed by the Parliament. Has the Parliament passed any such law? I do not know. Mr. Ram Samudre would be the best person to answer this. Until then Hindi is the Official Language of the Indian Union and the Officer concerned was well within the law to ask his subordinate to use Hindi.

There was a central minister by name Bhakta Darshan. In 1965 he issued an order saying that Hindi only shall be used thenceforth in Central Government Departments. There was commotion in Tamilnadu, where there was a Congress Government with Mr. Bhaktavalsalam as Chief Minister. Many young people committed self-immolation and violence also spread all-through Tamilnadu (then Madras State). Many people died. Mr. Lal Bhahadur Shastri, was the Prime Minister then. He came on All India Radio and appealed to all people, especially those in Tamilnadu for peace. He also promised that English also would continue as Official Language, so long as the people all over India wanted it that way. The promise of Lal Bahadur Shatri has so far not been converted into law, to the best of my knowledge. Anyway in the elections in 1967, Congress was routed in Tamilnadu and Dravidian Parties have been ruling there ever since. Once in power, they have not been worried about the issue anymore.

I am not from the Hindi heartland and Hindi is not my mother tongue either. I only want to say that my interpretation of law would not get coloured by my prejudices. I will not read into the law what is not written there. Mr. Ram Samudre and Mr. Om Prash Dhusia know my views on the subject.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register