Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is Hindi use compulsory for Central Government servants?

Page no : 2

(Guest)

51A. It shall be the duty of every citizen of India—

(a) to abide by the Constitution and respect its

ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the

National Anthem;

(b) to cherish and follow the noble ideals which

inspired our national struggle for freedom;

(c) to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity

and integrity of India;

(d) to defend the country and render national

service when called upon to do so;

(e) to promote harmony and the spirit of common

brotherhood amongst all the people of India

transcending religious, linguistic and regional or

sectional diversities; to renounce practices derogatory

to the dignity of women;

(f) to value and preserve the rich heritage of our

composite culture;

(g) to protect and improve the natural environment

including forests, lakes, rivers and wild life, and to

have compassion for living creatures;

(h) to develop the scientific temper, humanism and

the spirit of inquiry and reform;

(i) to safeguard public property and to abjure

violence;

(j) to strive towards excellence in all spheres of

individual and collective activity so that the nation

constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and

achievement;

*[(k) who is a parent or guardian to provide

opportunities for education to his child or, as the

case may be, ward between the age of six and

fourteen years.]

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 April 2011

COI, ART 343. (1) The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari scripttt. The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals.

(2) Notwithstanding anything in clause (1), for a period of fifteen years from the commencement of this Constitution, the English language shall continue to be used for all the official purposes of the Union for which it was being used immediately before such

commencement:

Provided that the President may, during the said period, by order  authorise the use of the Hindi language in addition to the English language and of the Devanagari form of numerals in addition to the international form of Indian numerals for any of the official purposes of the Union.

(3) Notwithstanding anything in this article, Parliament may by law provide for the use, after the said period of fifteen years, of—

a) the English language, or

b) the Devanagari form of numerals,

for such purposes as may be specified in the law.

COI, ART 51A. It shall be the duty of every citizen of India—

(a) to abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem;

SUMMARY

UNDER ART 343  OF COI, THOUGH THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF THE UNION SHALL BE HINDI; BUT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE SHALL CONTINUE TO BE USED FOR ALL THE OFFICIAL PURPOSES OF THE UNION. UNDER ART 51A (a) OF COI, DUTY OF EVERY CITIZEN OF INDIA, TO ABIDE BY THE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 April 2011

His officer has returned the same without sanctioning the leave with a remark on it that “Krupaya Hindi me Likhen” (Please fill up the application form in Hindi)….

---   Therefore both the officer and subordinate’s works are within the constitution, but the officer should not demand to write to submit the application in Hindi only, because the other also has the constitutional right to express himself in English. The basic purpose of language is to communicate the thinking from one to other.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     23 April 2011

So where is the problem?Both have used their constitutional obligations, so why that officer became sore in the eyes of pseudo Indian constitution followers?It is simply because of the officer requested his sub-ordinate to submit the application in Hindi and the sub-ordinate being a Non-Hindi speaker felt humiliated or insulted to be requested to submit in another Indian language because his constitutional right was violated then how about the constitutional right of that upright officer?

Come-on dear fellow citizens become naive and responsible citizens and dont just make an issue out of nothing.

pulsur (holesole)     23 April 2011

no one can stop to use the freedom of speech!

(Guest)

Ofcourse it is unjustified action by the officer. Later...

Today it is reported that the same application has been put up again with a counter remark by the employee that "Respected Sir, as per article 343 of the COI the Official Language of the UOI is English Language and in addition to the English Language the Hindi Language is also authorised as Official Language of UOI".  An extract of the COI is attached for ready reference.

The mediator official (Office Supdtt.) was not considering the same and was insisting verbally to fill the application either in Hindi or in both the languages. But when the employee conerned asked him for a copy of the orders for the same he was wordless and accepted to forward the same to officer.

Let us see the further action by the officer.  Due course is in our hands, as ever. Am I right Arup ji?

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     23 April 2011

How can enlighten people like you be wrong? Keep it up.Long live the Indian constitution. But let me ask you, who gave you the wisdom to prove that officer wrong? Are you a judge or any competent authority to do so?You have given your point of view and that officer has his own to define constitution as he thinks correct.Let this be decided by a third party, I mean CAT.

(Guest)

Dear Om Prakash ji, trust me for that I ever feel more comfort & satisfied when opposite views comes up as this gives us a way ahead to think ahead. So I heartly welcome you to always join my threads and give free & fair oinion in your concept and don't mind if your opinion is opposite than mine. I could not pay you for it but I will be heartly thankful to you. See, when a word "AGREED" comes there we generally stops tinking more on that issue but when the word "DISAGREED" comes it gives us an opportunity to think more. 

I would like to say here a She'r that I deeply believe in;

"Duniya na jeet paao to haaro na khud ko tum..!

Thodi bahut to jehan me naaraajgi rahe...!!" - Nida Fazli

Even if a verdict of apex court or even of the Parliament but if I am aggrieved and I am confident about my concept, I AM AGGRIEVED AND WILL EVER TRY TO SORT A WAY OUT. A TIME BEING LOSS NEVER PROVES THAT I AM A LOOSER FOREVER.

Thanks and request to carry on.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     24 April 2011

Thanx Mr.Ram Samudre for cosidering me an asset and I will carry on with my views with respect to every partcipant in the debate.Your couplets have given me extra encouragement.

God bless my country.

Regards. 

(Guest)

Dear Om Prakash ji, please let me allow to say something, that;

I am expecting that you will feel happy to show your big heart by expressing some oppology to Madam Suchitra for your hard words in reply and addressing to her. See, tree with full of fruits even down to earth. And also see, that Bharatmata is a woman like mother of all of us. Our Bharat Pitas to saare hypocrite nakal gaye. So we should ever give more respect to the "better half" of the world than us. I think you will also be agree to that the woman never or rare involves in corruption. So it is for betterment of our society if we respet and encourage women to come up in lead.

If you somehow feel I said something wrong, I beg your pardon sir.   

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 April 2011

" no one can stop to use the freedom of speech! "

---   YES, BUT IT IS A SEPARATE ISSUE, NOT APPROPRIATE WITH THE TUNE OF THIS THREAD.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 April 2011

...  Am I right Arup ji?

----   YES BUT WITH A LITTLE CORRECTION.

" "Respected Sir, as per article 343 of the COI the Official Language of the UOI is English Language and in addition to the English Language the Hindi Language is also authorised as Official Language of UOI"."

THE POSITION AS ON DATE IS - OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS HINDI  ( NO 1 ) BUT ENGLISH (NO 2 ) ALSO ACCEPTABLE AS OFFICIAL LANGUAGE.  

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     24 April 2011

No sir, I am not that emotional fool and I live in 21 Century where I believe in equality irrespective of caste, creed,s*x,region,religion and lot more things even guaranteed by the Indian Constitution, so there is nothing special about being a lady.

I love BHARATMATA as every Indian does and it is an open debate and apart from everything I dislike people who insult an individual's mother tongue and feel a sence of proud to emphasize on the language of their earstwhile masters.I have no ill feelings towards anybody and that includes Ms. Suchitra too.

I have not surrendered to my views on my mother tongue but do not wish to vitiate the atmosphere, so wanted to discontinue the debate.

As for corruption please read the news carefully, a lot women are involved indeed but above all what is so special about being LADY?

I am sorry, I am neither hypochrite nor so magnanimous.

Jai Hind.

Regards.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Ram Samudre-DRF [NSSD-UOI]
"
Ofcourse it is unjustified action by the officer. Later...

Today it is reported that the same application has been put up again with a counter remark by the employee that "Respected Sir, as per article 343 of the COI the Official Language of the UOI is English Language and in addition to the English Language the Hindi Language is also authorised as Official Language of UOI".  An extract of the COI is attached for ready reference.

The mediator official (Office Supdtt.) was not considering the same and was insisting verbally to fill the application either in Hindi or in both the languages. But when the employee conerned asked him for a copy of the orders for the same he was wordless and accepted to forward the same to officer.

Let us see the further action by the officer.  Due course is in our hands, as ever. Am I right Arup ji?
"

Furter,

The officer again returned the application without sactioning the same with remark;

"If both the languages are the official languages than fill the application form in bilingual".

The employee has made the remarks that;

"The notices / circulars of the Government have to be issued in trilinual that one, in international language which is also considered as the official language of UOI, second in Hindi as a local official language of UOI and third in local state language since in Central Government offices the people of all the states are working in other states and similarly Railway passengers travels from one corner to the other in India. As concerned the leave application it is the matter on two side communication internally in the administration hence any language within tri-language formula can be used at the comfort of the employees inividually."

The officer has sanctioned the leave with the remark that;

"I agree with the article 343 as well as as you but it is requested to promote HINDI amongst people".

Now, the staff is happy and decided that they will continue using English as they feel more comfort & scope in it.   

Democratic Indian (n/a)     28 April 2011

It is really amazing that this officer wanted to promote Hindi by FORCING people to write in Hindi. When confronted, he changed his approach cleverly by saying "it is requested to promote HINDI amongst people". Such kind of undemocratic attitude and mentality that desires to force people into using a particular language should be discouraged by all democracy loving people.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register