Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radhakrishnan (BPO)     18 March 2011

First appellate authority

hello sir / madam,

I have filed an RTI against my in-law ( filed me a dowry case) for getting his salary details for the past 2004-2009 year. Now he is presently retired. He was a retired constable of railway police state goverment of Tamilnadu, Trichy branch.

His salary is credited in the trichy branch only. when i filed the RTI act, he had given a written letter that no information should not be given until his permission. So i havent recieved his salary details, instead of the RTI asked me to go for first appellate authority.

Kindly suggest me how to go up with and to whom i have to contatct for first appellate authority. whether i will succeed this case . please guide me sir

Learning

1 Replies

mintu (advocate)     18 March 2011

Dear Radhakrishnan

Gernerally the First Appellate Authority (AA) happens to be the senior officer in administerative capactiy of the PIO. But the PIO has mandatory obligation to inform the RTI Applicant about the first AA and the limitation period i.e.30 days from the date of the reciept of the information for filing of the first appeal.

If the PIO has not informed about the same then u can approach directly to Hon'ble CIC at August Kranti Bhavan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi - 110 066  &  Old JNU Campus, New Delhi - 110 067. Phone:26161137. 

You can find other info on https://cic.gov.in/. You must study the  CIC (Management) Regulations  before filing the appeal and here the limitation period is 3 monthfrom the date of the reciept of the information.

Mintu

Attached File : 39 39 cic management regulations 2007.pdf downloaded: 115 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register