Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandakumara MB (Lawyer)     14 March 2011

Notice period

I am working in Engg service company from last 5 yrs, I have resigned because for better prospectous, career growth and personal growth.

My amnager agreed to relieve me with in 2 months, but now he is denying the same.

The team leader put me the bad comments on my perfomance and asked me to come in different shift.

I am not doing any work but simply for customer billing purpose they are keeping me forcibly.


Now how get relieve from the above situation.

 3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     15 March 2011

you will send a resignation letter to your higher authority above said reason, you must give one month notice period, after that you can relive.

Selvam (Business Development)     15 March 2011

Ananda Kumar,

You mentioned that you have resigned your job and still in notice period. You comply your notice period and after completion of the tenure you write a letter to your employer saying that you have to be relieved from the services.

If they are not respond, then you proceed legally.

Anandakumara MB (Lawyer)     16 March 2011

In offer letter they mentioned 3 months notice period.

Now i want to leave the company with in 2 months, shall i use the medical ground to leave company.

Please suggest to leave the company without serving the notice period legally.


Plaese refer the 3 points from the company Exit policy:

1. there is every possibility that the staff member may not be relieved

due to business contingencies unless he/she complete the entire notice period.


2. If an employee is released from service before completion of required notice period,

the employee will be required to pay for the balance notice period.


3. If the resigned employee is suffering from a serious illness which does not allow the

employee to attend to duty, then his / her request for an early release may be considered

Plaese help me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query