LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KS (SM)     25 February 2011

Forcing employee to leave due to stray reasons

One of my colleagues is at a senior Management level.

He joined the organisation about 4 months back.  He had put up considerable amount of eperience and before this he worked for 6 years in the previous company and had shown consistent growth. He was initially invited and later coerced by assurances of  bright future and growth in the new organisation. The new organisation put him in a difficult area to proove himself.  Though he has done fairly well and brought credibility to the demographical area of his work, he is asked to leave.  

The reason is that the Top most management person belongs to a particular religion.  He want to make way for another person who belongs to the same religion in that area who has earlier underperformed grossly. This can be prooved if the performance of the area is decipered from the company finances.

This person can proove that his perfomance was not bad at all under the given circumstances.

Can such decisions based on religion and other matters acceptable?  Is there any way out for this friend onf mine who is in a precarious situation after having left theearlier settled job.

Should he come out since he is under probation OR could he ask for suitable compensation OR should he stay and say this is discriminatory?

Please help him. 

Learning

3 Replies

KS (SM)     26 February 2011

In the above "This person can prove that his performance was not bad at all under the given circumstances" - implies to my friend.  Clarification to avoid mis-intrepretation of this line.

(Guest)

KINDLY NOTE AND REFER YOUR JOB OFFER AND APPOINTMENT LETTER. IN CASE HE IS NOT IN GOOD TERMS WITH THE CO,THEN IT IS BETTER TO APPLY TO SOME OTHER GOOD CO. IT IS RISKY TO REMAIN IN SAME CO AS THEY MAY INVOLVE HIM IN ANY FALSE CASE AND HARASS HIM.

STILL IN CASE ANY NOTICE PAY PERIOD IS MENTIONED IN THE JOB OFFER AND APPONTMENT LETTER THEN ACCORDINGLY THE COMPANY SHOULD GIVE HIM NOTICE OR SALARY IN LIEW OF NOTICE PERIOD.

YOU MAY WRITE AND SEND FURTHER DETAILS FOR HELP GOOD LUCK.

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     05 March 2011

I agree with Mr. Sawant's advice. Best way is to ask for the compensation for wrongfull dismissal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register