LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Jaylal Jaisingh Bisukarma (lawyer)     03 November 2008

Free Legal-aid panel Advocate must be senior Advocate

Advocate on free-legal-aid panel must consist of senior, matured, and economical well to do advocate. The junior advocates who are immatured must not be allowed to play with the life of an innocent accused under the name of free-legal-aid. It is also been observed that it is an exploitation to juniors to work at low (no) amount.

Learning

8 Replies

Bina (none)     03 November 2008

Very accurately said. 100% agree with you.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 November 2008

Dedication should be the priority.

ca.bhupendrashah (FCADISA)     03 November 2008

it should also not be creating platform for private paractice

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     03 November 2008

in a complicated case jr doctors ref to seniors.same thing applies here also. three yrs juniorship under a competent sr. of a particular branch expected to deliver proper service.otherwise all roads are closed.

Shree. ( Advocate.)     04 November 2008

Learned Members,

According my opinion BIG yes to Mr.Assumi sir answer.

Our young lawyers possess keen minds, they are eager to move ahead.The initial years of the profession can be challenging but have to must persevere. From the Bar, other career options open. We also cannot be oblivious of the fact that the Bar serves as the seedbed for the judiciary. Lawyers of eminence, erudition, vision and integrity adorn the Bench in due course.

Always remember what Mahatma Gandhi said, "A true lawyer is one who places truth and service in the first place."  I am quoting Gandhiji,bcoz we have to devote part of our time and energy to securing legal services for the poor and the disadvantaged. The spirit of public service should continue to burn bright.

Manish Singh (Advocate)     04 November 2008

I do agree with Mr. Assumi and Shree. Its not right to say that young advocates  cant handle cases on ther own instead they (who are truly dedicated to their profession) only need proper guidance because of inexperience and lack of practical knowledge. we see that its not the senior advocates who do reasearch on any subject but its juniors who do all the hard work but of course with a proper guidance of our respected seniors since they have a pool of knowledge. So there must be an examination to test the ability. and once paased, even they can handle cases with a proper guidance of our respected seniors.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     24 December 2008

I DO AGREE WITH MY FRIEND Mr. Assumi and Shree

aditya vadali (LAWYER)     17 July 2010

LEGAL - AID ! PERSON WITH HIGH INTENTION AND AMBITION ONLY CAN START THIS PROCESS. YES, INTEGRITIY, EXCELLENCY AND THE GRIP ON THE SUBJECT CAN MAKE A PATH TO THIS FIELD.

NO MATTER IT IS A JUNIOR OR SENIOR, ONLY BY KNOWING / UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM AND THE PERSON CAPABLE OF FINDING THE WAYS TO SOLVE CAN START A FREE LEGAL AID TO POOR OR OTHERWISE.

A BUSY Jr. IS BETTER SOMETIMES THAN A IDEAL Sr.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register