Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jammy (exec)     23 February 2011

Can caste of a person be changed legally?

hi

can a person change the caste (from SC to a Forward caste) legally? if yes, what are the steps and procedures to be followed?

thanks in advance

Learning

9 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     23 February 2011

No there can be no change in one's caste. There is no legal procedure for such conversion.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 February 2011

caste can not be changed.

if you feel any type of problem, you may change your surname according to your choice.

no restriction on it.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 July 2011

The link may throw light.

Attached File : 15197 192320 40 community change on marriage sc.doc downloaded: 802 times

Dipangkar (Business)     07 July 2011

Wow! If it can be done, UNLIKE you, i would prefare to change my General Caste to a Backward caste. All those first preferences  they use to get in india, for just being a "Backward Caste"..

The Chief Minister of Assam, himself , is a so called "Backward Caste" as an example.

1 Like

(Guest)

@Jammy, what is the reason for desiring the change??

Raveendar (Lead DBA)     22 April 2013

I am Hindu and I got married with a muslim girl. We embraced Christianity before marriage.  Now we would like to change to our caste to Christianity(BC-C) how can we do that. Please advice. 

Vijay loknath Rao (Cashier)     12 May 2013

FANTASTIC IDEA/ THOUGHT.

BRING IN LAW AND LETS ALL CHANGE  TO SC/ST AND GET ALL THE BENEFITS CONSTITUTIONALLY.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 May 2013

Caste is by birth blood line either red blood or blue blood, and not by law.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 May 2013

no procedue.  Howeveer it is your choiceif you do nto want to avail any reservation

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register