Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramki (Engineer)     15 February 2011

Father property inheritance. How?

Hi All,

My father who is ill now and bedridden have a independent house and a separate plot in his name (even though my mom and i have financed, but no proof regarding this!) and another house which is in my moms name. The house in my mom name is LIC financed by both my mom and dad.

As my father is very fond of his younger sister (who is still unmarried, legally!) can he make a will such that all property in his name be given to his sister, that is a plot and an independent ? Then do my mom and us (two sons ) doesn't have any rights on the properties that he has? How can i know what he has written in his will if he is not showing that will to us?

Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramki

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     15 February 2011

Since the plot and part of house is owned by him, he can legally give his share to his sister (who is still unmarried, legally!).

PRABHAKAR G DHANTAL (OWNER)     15 February 2011

Sir,
Our mother expired leaving behind one sister ( Eldest amongst us, age 51 & married ) and we three brothers along with our FATHER, AGE 74.
Our father had bought immoveable property/S in our mother's name. Can this/these PROPERTY/S be transfered on to our father's name ? Please suggest.

PRABHAKAR G DHANTAL (OWNER)     15 February 2011

Sir,
Our mother expired leaving behind one sister ( Eldest amongst us, age 51 & married ) and we three brothers along with our FATHER, AGE 74.
Our father had bought immoveable property/S in our mother's name. Can this/these PROPERTY/S be transfered on to our father's name ? Please suggest.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     16 February 2011

Yes, the properties can be transferred by way of relinquishment deed by your sister and the 3 brothers in favour of your father.

parag (director)     16 February 2011

MR A V VISHAL SIR KINDLY DO PAY ATTENSION ON MY REQUEST

sir mr Jha and sir adv Vivek,

Kindly do help me,

I have an organisation(co-op society ltd),our societies former secretery had bought a commercial space of MHADA .they made an agreement on stamp paper of 20Rs in year 1997.he also made full payment of 2.5lk to the seller at the time of agreement by cheque,but now he(seller) is saying he would not going to registry us of the property.now what should we do and also i m giving u some specific points to think on.

1) we had made full payment by cheque and still he did not returned us.

2) he did commited us that he will produce a NOC from MHADA  for registry,as per my knowledge he didnt even applied for it.

3)can MHADA official help me on this by law

4) unfortunately we didnt notary or registerd an agreement

so kindly suggest me remedy for above subject

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register