LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pratik (self working)     12 February 2011

Grounds Of Appeal.

1) I have heard that by using ordinary legislative powers amendment are not laws but by using constitutional powers amendemnts are laws. So the query is what do u mean by in depth ordinary legislative powers & constitutional powers . if possible with the help of a example.

2) Pls Do Request To Explain me detail or give the info for the site or any material about what do u mean by in detail pls pls

Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal. With the example(S). It is necessary to fill in civil case only or we have to fill in criminal case or only in any tax matters or only to revenue matters only any case case laws. Is it necessary to fill only in tribunals or writs or any courts in india . Pls help me out to understand in depth the concept of the Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal.

Pls it is a kind request ( SIR'S )

Pls Every thing of it pls.

Thanks In Advance.

God Bless U All .

Learning

4 Replies

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     13 February 2011

R/sir

i am enclose the memo of appeal

IN THE COURT OF LEARNED DISTRICT JUDJE FEROZPUR

Name of the appealant R/O village Alliana, Tehsil Fazilka District Ferozpur  …………………………………………….Appellant / Defendant

Versus

Name of the non appealantResi Of village Alliana Fazilka District Ferozpur      ……………………………………………………Respondent/Plaintiff

Appeal under Section 96 C.P.C against the judgment and decree dated 26-04-05 passed by the court of Smt Davinder Pal Kaur Bedi Addl. Civil Judge (Sr.div) Fazilka where by Ld.lower court wrongly and illegally decreed the suit of respondent /plaintiff.

Claim in Appeal :-

For accepting the appeal of the appellant and setting aside the impugned judgment and decree under appeal with costs throughout and for dismissing the suit of respondent /plaintiff with costs throughout.

R/Sir

The appellant submits the following grounds of appeal.

1.  That the impugned judgment and decree passed by the Ld. Lower court is against the law and facts on the file and the same is liable to be set aside in instant appeal.

2.  That finding of the Ld .lower court on issue No.1 as pronounced  by the ld. lower court is not sustainable as it has been fully proved on record that the alleged pronote and receipt are  forged and fabricated documents and have been procured by the respondent in connivance with each other . The appellant also filed a criminal complaint against the respondent including others, in witch they are facing trail in the learned illaqa Magistrate. It has been fully proved on record that the respondent is munim of _________ ,Commission Agent and all the accounts have been maintained by the respondent and Suresh Kumar. The appellant was having dealings with Commission Agent and used to sell his agriculture crops at the shop of the said commission agency and during the dealings of the appellant with said firm, present respondent and ________have obtained the signatures of the appellant on some blank papers/pronote form with fraud. Both during the period of dealings have obtained signatures of the appellant on some blank papers and register in good faith by fraud and falsely prepared /fabricated two promissory notes of 50000/- each in favor of respondent and above said Suresh Kumar where as the respondent had no need to borrow such huge amount or to  invest the same anywhere . The appellant has also filed criminal complaints under section 420 IPC against the respondent as well as Suresh Kumar which is still pending.

3.  That pronote Ex .P2 and receipt Ex. P3 are tempered documents. There is cutting /tempering on the dates of pronote and receipt and the same amount to material alterations to which the appellant was not a party or signature and thus the promissory note as well as receipt are void under section 87 of the Negotiable instrument act .The said cutting /tempering has not been signed by any party or scriber of the said document . The learned lower court has wrongly held that no prejudice has been caused by such cutting to the appellant. The cutting/tempering of dates of pronote and receipt is question without obtaining the signatures of the executant are material alterations and as such cannot be relied upon. The cutting has been effected without the consent of the appellant. The Ld. lower court has wrongly held that it cannot be presumed that date has been changed on the pronote and receipt later on without the consent of the appellant . Where as it has been fully proved on the record that the said cutting /tempering has been effected without the consent of the appellant. The said judgement in “Natthu Lal & others vs Mrs Gurmeet kour ,AIR 1940 ,prevy council is not applicable in the present case since the appellant has not admitted the execution of the pronote and receipt in question.

4.  That the finding of the Ld. lower court on issue No2 is not sustainable. When the alleged pronote and receipt are false and frivolous tempered documents then the question of the payment of any interest by the appellant to the respondent does not arise at all. So the entire observations, returned by the Ld. Lower court is not sustainable in the eyes of law.

5.  That the finding of the Ld. lower court on issue No.3 is wrong and liable to be reversed .It has been fully proved on record that the suit is not maintainable in the present form , but Ld. lower court has not considered this point and as such the entire observation of the Ld .lower court are vitiated .

6.  That the impugned judgement and decree seem to has been passed by ld. lower court in hot and haste manners without considering the actual facts proved on record which has jeo-paradiced  to the valuable rights of the appellant .

7.  That value of the appeal for the purposes of court fee and jurisdiction of this court Hon,able has been fixed for Rs 86000/-on witch court fee of Rs 3222.40 is being affixed with the appeal.

8.  That the appeal is with in limitation.

Hence it is prayed that the appeal may kindly be accepted and impugned judgement and decree may kindly be set aside and suit of the Respondent/plaintiff  may kindly be dismissed with costs as prayed for.

Place Fazilka

Dated ---------

Submitted by:- Dalip Singh S/O Nagar Singh S/O Ram Singh R/o alliana, Tehsil fazilka ,Distt .Fzr. Through counsel

RAJESH KASRIJA

Advocate (FZK)

1 Like

pratik (self working)     01 March 2011

Sir Certainly Agree With Your Respectfull Answer In a Quick View But Exactly I need to known that what exaclty the meaning of this Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal.In civil case , criminal case & any tax matter(s) also it is complusory to fill this Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal. in every case where it is related to civil case, criminal or any tax matter(s).  Pls it is a request to explain me if possible with the help of a example. Also where it has been said that it is complusory to file the Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal. in every case(s). If we go for Appeal in case where writ petition, appeal matters in any case or SLP.

Sir Also what about my Query No.1) Sir Pls     SIr Pls Dont tell no pls sir answer the query because i am finding the answer for this query form last 4 years so pls. Or any book in which i can get every thing about Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal. OR any case laws which explin in detail every thing about Grounds Of Appeal & Memorandum Of Appeal.

Sir It is a due request to u sir.

Thanks In Adavnce.

God Bless U Sirji.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     01 March 2011

Correct me if I am wrong...but I believe that.....

How an appeal is filed?...........Ans:- By filing a 'memorandum of appeal' and other formailities. It is an instance/occurance of an appeal.

Why an appeal is filed, and under what pretext it is filed?............Ans:- Because aggrieved party, who wants to assail the decree/judgment, brings forth the 'grounds for appeal' from the judgment/decree via an appeal...such as

On the Question of law and facts wrt findings of the Hon Lower Court.

A. 'erroneousness of findings and opinions drawn by Hon Lower Court',

B. need to reconsider with another convincing perspective which has force to change the judgement/decree' etc.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     01 March 2011

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA ji has given you a fullproof example, mutatis mutandis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register