Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hameed (dfafd)     30 January 2011

is it safe to buy- Registered GPA document missing?

Dear all,

I am planning to buy a CMDA approved (Tamil Nadu) 1 ground plot from Mr.C.  layout formed in 1985.

The first owner  ( Let us call Mr.A) who obtained this plot in 1985 thru' Sale deed.  This original sale deed is avaialble with present seller (present seller is "C")..

History:

Mr. A provided an registered GPA to Mr. B.   Thru' this registered GPA document, B made a sale to my present seller "C" by sale deed.

So, back in 2002, Mr. C got 2 sale deeds and 1 GPA registered document as his mother deeds.   And with this,  he got a bank loan on this property .   After clearing bank loan, bank told him that they have misplaced the above said "GPA document".  there is no statement officially written from bank about this misplacement.

So, my present seller obtained a "Certified copy of this GPA document" and provided to me.

And present seller obtained "Patta" -updated the revenue records in his name

So, my question is with this "Missing GPA document" , is it safe to buy?  if not , what are the alternative if any other legal procedures are there to make this title good.

Thanks in anticipation.

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 January 2011

When it is regd., GPA and certified copy is avialable then there is no danger to purchase the property. To clear your doubt make a paper publication that you are going to purchase the so and so property of Mr.__from MR.--( GPA ) holder of Mr.__. If any body has got objections contact th given below addres within 7 days from the date of the notice, if no body approaches with an objections..... like this.  For issuance of notice contact your lawyer.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 February 2011

U give a public  notice for GPA .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register