Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj (sales)     27 January 2011

removal of name from title deeds

friends, 

Me and my brother have purchased a house in gujarat and both our names are in legal title deeds as joint owners.  Now he has decided he does not want to be partner with me in the house and i have given him his money back. So now i would like to remove his name from title deeds, Is this possible. Please be helpful and how can this be done 

Learning

8 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     27 January 2011

Either get relinquishment deed or sale deed of his share.

raj (sales)     28 January 2011

thanks for your reply Niranjan.  But unfortunately i did not understand your reply. Please kindly explain simply. and how it can be done and approximate cost in gujarat.  thank you

satyajit (Law Officer)     31 January 2011

best option is to get sale deed.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     01 February 2011

U registered Sale Deed / Gift Deed of 1/2 share of the property of your partner.

then remove his name from title deed and title certificate.

raj (sales)     01 February 2011

Thank you Mr. Satyajit and Mr. Bharatkumar for replies. this is to let you know that i myself have paid full amount for the house but in title deed both our names are there.  So can my brother gift me his share of the house to me.With this way cost will be less and i dont have to pay stampduty. And after he has given me gift of his share to me   then i can remove his name from the title deeds.please reply in detail.

U pay a stamp duty and registration fee for 1/2 share of your brother and registred a gift deed or sale deed.

raj (sales)     02 February 2011

Thanks Mr. Bharat kumar. So even if he gives me GIFT of his half share i still have to pay stamp duty  . thanks please reply soon. i appreciate it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register