Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arka Foundation ( A D R)     13 January 2011

Complaint to Consumer Court or NCDRC

Dear Forum,

The applicant who needed some information from the First Public Authourity filed an application (Exhibit - A). The First PIO duly forwarded the application to the other Public Authourity (Respondent) by marking a copy to the complainant (Ex -B) with directions to contact them. After due compliance, there was no response from the other (onward) Public Authourities, thus resulting in the First Appeal (Ex- C).  Consequently, the other Public Authourity u/s 6(3) i.e. Respondent through a letter (Ex- D) refused to give access to the information asked, bluntly and categorically.  He also arrogated to himself and his organization all the waivers, exemptions and immunities provided in RTI Act with a view to justify his non-disclosure. Hence this query

Reasons for rejection:

1). The Respondent, despite being declared a Public Authourity by concerned Regulatory body has repudiated his obligation and mis-informed about his status under RTI Law.            

2). The Respondent, has wrongfully set aside my application for the reasons that it contained “a questionnaire”, without any application of mind.

3). The Respondent, has brought a dispute of Public Interest into the issue which is totally out of context and against the RTI Law.

4). The Respondent, without any basis for justification, declared his Organisation as immune to RTI Law.

5). In the same breath, he claimed exemption provided by RTI law without any basis or clarifications.

6). The Respondent, further, brought in irrelevant matters with a threat of  “actions” if RTI procedure is repeated.

My questions:

1) Can i file a case to Police/civil court in this regard(6 &  1) reasons given by him

2) where can i get fast releif/order Counsuer Court/NCDRC

3) Parallely can i also give a complaint to information commission 

Best soultion please

Thanks & Rgds

Learning

3 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     14 January 2011

At first complaint to the information would be best.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     14 January 2011

Sorry ! for correction

At first complaint to the "information Commission" would be best.

madan mohan nagar (orthopaedic surgeon)     04 March 2011

IN MANY R.T.I QUERIES SECOND APPEAL SENT TO S.I.C OF UTTER PRADESH NOT TAKEN ANY ACTION AGAINST PIOS ETC.EVEN AFTER LISTENING THE APPEAL DECISION BY S.I.C. IS NEVER FORWORDED TO US.SO WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPEND TO THAT??? HOWEVER C.I.C OR SI.C. OF OTHER STATES ARE FORWORDING THEIR DECISIONS ONE THING IS COMON TO ALL THAT THEY ARE NOT AWARDING ANY MONETARY OR OTHER PUNISHMENTS TO PIOS ETC. AS PROVIDED IN THE SAID LAW IN MOST OF THE CASS..IN THIS ACT THEY ARE IN-DIRECTLY ENCOURAGING LAW-NON FOLLOWERS ALSO HARASSING  INFORMATIOH-SEEKERS ALSO INDIRECTLY IMPOSING BURDEN OVER PUBLIC MONEY BY NOT PUNISHING PIOS WHO ARE DEFYING LAW PROCESSES  WHAT TO DO????

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register