Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish maru (ca)     30 September 2008

stamp paper date of executation

hello,

i want to know

whether any contarct between contrator and contratee executed from retrospective effect on current date stamp paper?

ie. i want to do agreement for rate effective from 01.04.2008 on current date stamp paper. can it be done?

request to reply.

thank you in advance,

girish maru

Learning

8 Replies

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     30 September 2008

No, you   can't   do  so.

Jayesh Bheda (Advocate)     30 September 2008

According to my view, any oral agreement can be reduced in writing in later date, as far as all the parties are at consent. But this may not applicable in all cases.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 October 2008

It can be.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     01 October 2008

It is just an acknowledgment.Hence,it is possible.

GOPI KRISHNA (ADVOCATE)     01 October 2008

yes it is possible, you can mention in the current agreement that " effective from 1-4-2008"

Adv.Shine Thomas (Advocate)     02 October 2008

It is possible

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 October 2008

Mr. Girish,

The date is Under sec.23 of Indian Registration Act, 1908 Documents other than "will" have to be presented for registration within four months from the date of their execution.It is to be remembered that if a document is presented for registration after the prescribed period of four months, if the same document is registered, the registration of the document is void. Therefore, when a deed is presented for registration before the registering officer, the registering officer make an inquiry about the date of execution.

mastanrao.bhogadi (advocate)     02 October 2008

the view expressed by ramachari sir is absolutly correct.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register