LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAKESH TRIKHA (Associate Professor)     25 December 2010

salary never paid in time

I am working in a Punjab Goverenment aided ( Under 95% grant in aid scheme) College  as associate professor and working against an added post. Our college always delays the payment of salary to the teachers. Even now we have been paid salary upto JUNE 2010 only. The excuse for non payment of salary is  lack of funds due to non receipt of grant from Punjab Govt. Please help me to guide what to do in this matter. Pls give judgements in this matter so that we can get regular salary after filing writ petition in Hon'ble high court.

Even in Calendar/ordinance  of our University i.e. Guru Nanak Dev University( to which college is affiliated) clearly fixed 10th as last date of payment of salary. The provisions in calendar reads as"

" The Principal and the teachers of a College shall be paid their salary regularly, but in no case later than the tenth of the month following that for which the salary is due."

and even the agreement between teachers and management at the time of appointment contains this clause which reads as

"  That the First Party shall be paid his salary regularly but in no case later than the tenth day of the calendar month following the month for which his salary is due."

So all legal experts please guide how to pursue the matter so that a permanent solution in this regard can be obtained.

Learning

1 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     26 December 2010

FIRST BRING THE ISSUE WITH THE UNIVERSITY, GOVERNMENT AND ALL CONCERN AUTHORITIES (TOP TO BOTTOM I.E GOVERNOR TO YOUR PAY DRAWING OFFICER, CHIEF MINISTER TO ALL CONCERN GOVT SECRETARIES).

WAIT FOR 15 DAYS AND FILE A  WRIT IN H.C FOR REMEDY UNDER ART.226.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register