Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rameshkumar (software engineer)     20 October 2010

LAW after engineering

Hi ,

I have completed B.E and have 2 years experience as software engineer. I am intrested in doing law.At present i am working in coimbatore. Can you please help me in knowing about the distance education or part time in law in coimbatore law school or any other open universities.

I need to know various law strems and its use , work area, scope.If distance education means will they take class in saturday and sunday. My situation is i can study on saturday and sunday. I need to study law.

Any suggestions. Please guide me . My personnel mail id: rameshever4u@gmail.com

Learning

26 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     20 October 2010

You have to join regular college , do it.

rameshkumar (software engineer)     20 October 2010

Please advice me why i cannot do it in part time or through distance education.. Can i practice law if i do my course in part time or through distance education?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 October 2010

Sir, Bar Council of India does not prescribe distance education for LLB. And if at all one gets a degree through distance education which is not recognised, he/she cannot practice in the courts of law. 

4 Like

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 October 2010

And I do not see any value for an advocate in the eyes of public as compared to a software engineer. In this forum only, we have seen people talk about lawyers being at the mercy of common man for their livelihood and hence they expect us to reply to their all queries whether it is a legal issue or not.  Advocacy has become a profession of mockery in the eyes of public and there is no solidarity among the lawyer fraternity to fight back also. I advise you to concentrate on your profession as a software engineer and earn money in dollars from MNCs where you need not bother to any common man of this nation.

2 Like

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     20 October 2010

Very interesting observation by Adv. Suchitraji. Being a s/w engineer myself I agree that in terms of money, quality of life, and exposure law field cannot match s/w. But then not everybody does everything only for money ::)

It is also true the the this profession has lost quite a lot of its lusture. So first try to understand and introspect why you want to become a lawyer and only then enter this profession otherwise there will be huge disappointment. I, for one, am quite satisfied with my decision to pursue law.

https://hanumant.com

1 Like

(Guest)

All of us are excited to know about our society, culture, traditions and the laws that governs us.I'm sure you are one us.But it is not wise to  quit a high post for it.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     21 October 2010

There is nothing wrong in doing law; it may be an added advantage. So many doctors also do law to deal with medico - legal situations and related to their specialization. It will be great to do law after engineering and will benefit in so many other ways like in the field of IT/Cyber Law, intellectual property right etc.  Law is everywhere, and we cannot bypass law anywhere. So scope is there.

Law is the most important and Nobel profession. But generally the people have a tendency to look at dark side more than the bright side. So, do not go by the reputation and image in eye of general people. Let the general people be general only.

If degradation of profession is to be considered then what and how will we rate “Organ Trade” by medical professionals, here also they are saving life of another person, but at the cost of others. And in medical negligence we do not get any other chance unlike in field of law we get so many chances to correct our self.

In India profession is still not recognized, neither most of the people value nor they honor. In desperation only they rush to them.

Biggest problem is most do not want to pay for their services also most of people encourage/indulge in quackery.  

Mika (None)     21 October 2010

Hi,

I have 12+ yrs experience in software developemt and working as a prefessional @ MNC. I had similar query like you. I  have done master of Mech Engg from one of the reputed college in India.

After experience in India and abroad, I have decided to study law at the age of 37.

Reasons

1) Want to give different edge to my career. I can enter into legal dept of High Tech companies where I can understand technology, products.Earlier I wanted to go for MBA, but I compared the value addition along with the money I will be spending on the course.I found LLB has management essence also.

2) I can enter into patenting.

3) I can improve my social network (by attending college/profesor/seminars/guest lectures). I meet different people and see other side of professional life.

4)I can enter into any other field like Cyber Laws,International laws,Stock Exchange Laws,finance laws.

5)I can start my own company since I have knowledge of legal aspects which will boost up my confidence.

6) I can persue LLM/PhD in the subject which I will like most..

I have appeared for 3rd Sem exam and passed previous 2 exam without any backlog.

I really enjoy the studying the subjects.

So I will surely advice you to go for it if you really like to do the law managing your job.

Mika

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     21 October 2010

Yes this is the dilema in life. Every thing looks attractive from distance.

In our society values are lopsided and can thing an expert is better qualitied but get stuck at corridors of law.

I did electrical engg in 1965 from a central university and got all India merit worked as a class one officer upto 1970. And just in over confidence left job and started buisness. MADE SOME MISTAKES AND FOR NEXT 30 TO 40 YEARS I WAS SHUNTING FROM ONE COURT TO ANOTHER RIGHT UPTO SC.

IN THE PROCESS LEFT ALL WORK IN HAND JOINED FULL TIME LAW COLLEGE AND AFTER GETTING LLB AS AN ADVOCATE NOT ONLY SOLVED ALL MY PROBLEMS BUT NOW REALLY LOVE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS OF OTHERS WHO OTHERWISE LOOK IMPOSSIBLE.FOR OTHERS. FOR EXAMPLE I HAVE NOT LOST A SINGLE CASE SO FAR AND PARTICULARLY FOR ACCUSED OF NI 138.

To the engineer friends I tell you from personal experience that because being an engineer one gets an insight in any thing which IS otherwise defficult for others. SO IT GIVES MANY  ADVANTAGES ONE- POWER OF ANALYSIS , POWER OF EXPRESSION AND MOST MOSTAND MOST IMPORTANT IS POWER OF CONFIDENCE.

I GET REGULAR SURPRISES THAT MY OPPONENTS EVEN HAVING STRONG CASE JUST MAKE PROCEDURAL MISTAKES WHEN I APPEAR AND LOOSE A WINNING CASE.

1 Like

harpreet singh (Student)     21 December 2010

I too am an mechanical engg passed in 1987 now studying 2nd LLB. Got stuck in some cases since 5yrs and was shunting from one court to another. Since 2yrs enrolled in LLB and even as an student at an age of 46 I got a good insight and am able to understand and solve my legal problems in a very efficnent manner. Law has helped me a lot. I say its very important to have legal knowledge in India.

Apurvaa (student)     16 August 2012

Sir...

ur approach towards education perspective is really adorable and respectable..

thank u 4 ur positive support:)

taranjeet (ENGINEER)     17 August 2012

i am electrical engg studying law .is joining judicial service better then IES

robin (mba)     14 September 2012

you should join regular course

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register