Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (In search of job)     07 October 2010

RR Dist Court PIO replied after 30 days, but asking for copy

Dear members,

I filed RTI application with PIO, family court, RR Dist, Andhra Pradesh on 31-08-2010. 

The PIO gave a delayed reply dated 04-10-2010, but reached me on 07-10-2010 asking me to furnish Rs.40 for 8 pages @5 per page required u/r 4 of A.P High court RTI act - 2005. In the application, he mentioned that xerox copies are enclosed, but no such xerox copy is sent to me along with the reply.

My questions are:

(1) As per the RTI act, 2005 for the delayed reply after 30 days of filing application, PIO need to provide me the copies free of cost under section 10. Does this rule not applicable to district courts under AP jurisdiction? Or becoz the reply came delayed by just 7 days, does this section 10 (supplying information free of cost) not attract.

(2) As claimed by PIO in his reply, he enclosed xerox copies of 8 pages, but in fact no such xerox copies are enclosed. Probably, it could be the thinking of the PIO that as he himself delayed the information, he is simply claiming that he enclosed the xerox copies. But now how to obtain those xerox copies and prove that no such copies are enclosed along with his reply?

In my first appeal, how to prove that no such copies are enclosed?

Learning

1 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     07 October 2010

WITHOUT PAYMENT THE  PIO DOES NOT SUPPOSED TO FURNISH THE INFORMATION, HENCE THE LETTER RECEIVED BY YOU MEANT TO PAY IT.

BUT AS PER RTI ACT SEC 10 YOU NEED NOT PAY THE COPYING CHARGES AFTER 30DAYS.

PLS MEET THE PIO IN PERSON  AND GET THE COPIES FREE OF COST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register