Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Increase in retirement age of HC judges - 62 to 65

Page no : 2

(Guest)

SIR WITH increase in expected lifespan and better quality of living it is good to increase the age. they are really very experienced ppl and their experience shud not go waste.with thousands of cases pending this may be a good step. junior judges have less experience, by the time they have good experience they get retied so i fully support this and in case expected lifespan rises further this can go upto 70 in next 20 yrs.

2 Like

(Guest)

wat wud u say about article below

102 Year Old Kansas Judge is Still Going Strong

care2

0diggsdigg

By John Danz Jr

An article in the Wichita Eagle tells of a 102 year old man still working as a federal judge in Wichita.

Wesley Brown was appointed by JFK in 1962 and has served as a federal judge through 10 presidents. Born in 1907, he has seen the advent of radio, television and internet - he was born just two months after the first musical radio broadcast.

His strong work ethic has been evident in him since he started working at age 10 after his father fell ill. He said "I've worked all my life. I wouldn't know what else to do."

A Harvard Medical School report said that the number of people living up to age 100 and later has doubled in the past 20 years. The report also states that 70,000 Americans are 100 or older.

judge wesley brown
Wichita federal Judge Wesley Brown has been working since 1917 - and shows no signs of slowing down at age 102.
wichita.edu

The Harvard paper Living to 100: What's the Secret claims "People who live to 100 and beyond exercise their brains, too, by reading, painting, and playing musical instruments. Some continue to work, an indication that our love affair with retirement may be a mixed blessing."

His long career could very well be a factor in his long life, especially being part of a profession that challenges his intellect on a daily basis.

Being around to see the advent of many forms of communication leads Brown to wonder why people are so hyped up about lack of privacy. He said: "You'd call a central operator, in the early days, and she knew about what everybody was doing all over the community."

"I don't know what secrets we can have these days," he added. And I've sort of decided to live my life on the basis of there's no secrets."

And yes, he has a cell phone and regularly uses a computer. In one video documentary, he notes Google's ability to find billions of search results in mere seconds. He said "that's a long way from when I used to sweat and I couldn't get my arm off of the paper I was writing on."

He also added "you'd think we'd be able to find the answers to some of the problems we've got with all of the available information on Google."

An inspiration, indeed.

John Danz Jr. is a work in progress, who enjoys the freedom of writing. Contact him at undertakerlives@gmail.com

2 Like

(Guest)

Madam, first I tell you that I never afraid of any "Dabang Leda" but I have no shame to tell that "Yes I am ever afraid of any Daband Lady", so please forgive me if I say anything which is against your choice.

Second, Madam please forgive me for not answering your question otherwise I will again go "SHAHEED" and it will be the 4th ban for me.

Third, since it is one of the bottom line of DRF that - WE ARE EVER READY FOR ANY QUESTION AT ANYTIME BY ANYONE, so; I request you to please review my opinion and you will see that I did not oppose but only insisted for accountability & responsibility should be a uniform condition for everyone who is getting even 1 repee from public money at the cost of 37% BPL people's bread.

We will never compromise on accountability & responsibility of any public servant at any post at any status with any knowledge at any cost. 

Now, please forgive me I will not post a single word to reply here at the site of LCI.  You please read my posting/thread and I will be ever thankful to everyone whosoever will give their valuable opinion.

Best wishes for you, good going here.

(Guest)

SIR , for ur info SC judges get med reimbursement for life. and if you are close to this profession u will know value of a trained experienced judge.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 October 2010

i support the view of mr democratic union. what he explained is - from day to day experience. it is perfect.

also support ms dabang lady. retirement age should be increased; because the average life of human beings are extended. we should not waste or deprive the society, from the experiences of a person's matured age.

1 Like

(Guest)

No one is talking regarding accountability & responsibility.

Let the servant remain a servant and do not make them God or Lord.  These supermen becomes dictators.  The only Lord in our nation is the people of India and 37% Lords are struggling for a bread everyday all the time residing in hardship and their servants grabbing their their money without doing proper service.

Anyone at any post at any status with any knowledge is too less important than a bread for hungry citizen and it is not the question of "A Hungry" but it is a question of 47 Crore hungry people who are equal citizen with equal rights but their rights are looted by the people in governance and administration (judiciary is not excluded). 

NO WORK NO PAY.  Let them with knowledge of whole Universe - No use without accountability & responsibility.  Kick out to those who are not serving with accountability and recover the public money and punish them who did not work.  First change the attitude to salute the servants and behave with them like we behave with our servants.  This is the Lordship of People of Democratic India.

Please come out of mentality of warship of servants.  Remember it is a period of more than 60 years passed in freedom and democracy.  Rule is already changed but mentality of service class people not changed.

I am neither a servant nor a gulam and all the servants in administration are my servants including cabinet secretary of India and CJI (CJI is appointed by the President and a salaried from public money)  as I am a citizen of India so I am the Lord of them.  I mean every citizen of India including BPL people.  BPL people are in this condition due to miscourage of governance & administration.

SO, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET "ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY OF OUR PUBLIC SERVANTS", as this will only make difference between British Rulling Time and People’s Rule till than we will ever see no change even after freedom from Britishers till when there will be no accountability & responsibility of governance & administration.  THATS IT.

Please also contribute on the following subjects;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/SHOULD-ADVOCACY-BE-A-PUBLIC-SERVICE--20251.asp   (I want it)

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/CAN-JUSTICE-BE-PROVIDED-WITHOUT-MONEY-OR-IT-ONLY-FOR-RICH-20085.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/JUDICIARY-FOR-ALL-INDIANS-OR-SALE-JUSTICE-TO-CUSTOMER--20111.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WHO-ARE-THE-MAIN-ACCUSED-FOR-CORRUPTION-IN-JUDICIARY-20190.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WHO-IS-RESPONSIBLE-FOR-JUSTICE-JUDICIARY-OR-GOVERNMENY--20526.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/JUSTICE-IS-THE-PRINCIPLE-DEMOCRATIC-RIGHT--20511.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/RIGHT-TO-JUSTICE-ACT-JUSTICE-DELAYED-IS-JUSTICE-DENIED--20347.asp

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     01 October 2010

BOTH THE ISSUES ARE DIFFRENT AND CAN'T BE TIED UP.

ONE ISSUE IS - WHETHER THE RETIREMENT AGE OF THE JUDGES SHOULD BE RAISED FROM 62 TO 65?

ANOTHER ISSUE IS - RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY OF A JUDGE

2 Like

swatirswatir (learning law)     01 October 2010

mr drf sir

in cwg out of 70000 crores spent about 50000 crores estimated to go down drain, that is more than 1000 rs per hungry man. why u dont file a pil to investigatewith goi delhi govt and cag a party?

3 Like

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 October 2010

@swatirswatir, Who will investigate against whom? Will a thief ever honestly investigate against another thief? Or will he try to help o ther other thief to the best possible extent?
2 Like

(Guest)

At the point of accountability & responsibility when any public servant should be kicked out so what is the question remains for any kind of their promotion?  At the point of accountability & responsibility they are liable to be punished so no question remains for any kind of extension of their services in public service.  The lacuna is that there is no provision of periodical check of accountability & responsibility and there should be no extension for even one day so it is a bigger question to increase in retirement age which is directly related to their performance accountability which they have performed up to now at the age of 62 years.  if they were not better till the age of 62 years so how they will perform better if given extension and WHY & HOW TO GIVE EXTENSION WITHOUT CHECKING THEIR PERFORMANCE ACCOUNTABILITY?

And the question is not that as to whether to give extension to anyone or otherwise but question is that HOW TO DEAL WITH THE HUGE PENDENCY OF CASES IN HIGH COURTS?  The question is that how to provide better public service and the question is not that how the public servants can enjoy remaining in public service till the death without work accountability & responsibility.

Even no next day continuation should be allowed FOR ANY public servant is failed on check of accountability and responsibility should be fixed for every ignorance of work and every miscourage of duties.  Than only it will become A DEMOCRATIC STATE WHERE PEOPLE RULE.  Otherwise there will be no change from the British Rulling Time and people will be ever in the gulami of the administrators.

(Guest)

ALL THE RESOURCES ARE CAPTURED & GRABBED BY 3% PEOPLE WHO ARE IN GOVERNANCE % ADMINISTRATION AND THE REAL PEOPLE OF INDIA IS THROWN AS TO BE A MUTE SPECTATOR.  37% PEOPLE (SO CALLED RULERS OF DEMOCRATIC INDIA) ARE THROWN "BHAGWAN-BHAROSE" AND BEGGING FOR THEIR LIFE NEEDS.  

JOKE IS GOING ON WITH OUR DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTION

AND

JOKE IS GOING ON WITH COMMON PEOPLE OF DEMOCRATIC INDIA

BY 3% DICTATORS WHO ARE IN GOVERNANCE & ADMINISTRATION AND NOW THEY ARE CLAIMING TO ENJOY POWERS TILL DEATH BY INCREASING THEIR RETIREMENT AGE.

WHY ANYONE WILL CHOOSE TO LOOSE THE ENJOY POWER, MONEY AND FACILITIES IF AVAILABLE AT FREE OF COST?  SO THE PEOPLE (COMMONMEN) SHOULD BE ALERT TO TAKE EFFORTS TO KICK OUT THE USELESS WHITE ELEPHANTS.

(Guest)

Mr. Swatirswatir,

These 50000 crore is the earning of congress which will be used to buy votes in elections collected by the great congressman Mr. Suresh Kalmadi and party.  You see that ex. bureaucrat the then chief election commissioner Mr. Gill is also gone in the congress and one one of the manager of CWG.  CBI and all others vigilance bureaucracy are with playing on the lap of power for their free hand to have share in this loot so who will implement the order of court if my PIL even succeeded?    

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Ram Samudre - DRF
"

No one is talking regarding accountability & responsibility.

Let the servant remain a servant and do not make them God or Lord.  These supermen becomes dictators.  The only Lord in our nation is the people of India and 37% Lords are struggling for a bread everyday all the time residing in hardship and their servants grabbing their their money without doing proper service.

Anyone at any post at any status with any knowledge is too less important than a bread for hungry citizen and it is not the question of "A Hungry" but it is a question of 47 Crore hungry people who are equal citizen with equal rights but their rights are looted by the people in governance and administration (judiciary is not excluded). 

NO WORK NO PAY.  Let them with knowledge of whole Universe - No use without accountability & responsibility.  Kick out to those who are not serving with accountability and recover the public money and punish them who did not work.  First change the attitude to salute the servants and behave with them like we behave with our servants.  This is the Lordship of People of Democratic India.

Please come out of mentality of warship of servants.  Remember it is a period of more than 60 years passed in freedom and democracy.  Rule is already changed but mentality of service class people not changed.

I am neither a servant nor a gulam and all the servants in administration are my servants including cabinet secretary of India and CJI (CJI is appointed by the President and a salaried from public money)  as I am a citizen of India so I am the Lord of them.  I mean every citizen of India including BPL people.  BPL people are in this condition due to miscourage of governance & administration.

SO, PLEASE DO NOT FORGET "ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY OF OUR PUBLIC SERVANTS", as this will only make difference between British Rulling Time and People’s Rule till than we will ever see no change even after freedom from Britishers till when there will be no accountability & responsibility of governance & administration.  THATS IT.

Please also contribute on the following subjects;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/SHOULD-ADVOCACY-BE-A-PUBLIC-SERVICE--20251.asp   (I want it)

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/CAN-JUSTICE-BE-PROVIDED-WITHOUT-MONEY-OR-IT-ONLY-FOR-RICH-20085.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/JUDICIARY-FOR-ALL-INDIANS-OR-SALE-JUSTICE-TO-CUSTOMER--20111.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WHO-ARE-THE-MAIN-ACCUSED-FOR-CORRUPTION-IN-JUDICIARY-20190.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/WHO-IS-RESPONSIBLE-FOR-JUSTICE-JUDICIARY-OR-GOVERNMENY--20526.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/JUSTICE-IS-THE-PRINCIPLE-DEMOCRATIC-RIGHT--20511.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/RIGHT-TO-JUSTICE-ACT-JUSTICE-DELAYED-IS-JUSTICE-DENIED--20347.asp
"

Excellent

(Guest)

mr drf here i differ and everybody will differ

if ur PIL suceeds govt has to go by it or there will be a constitutional crisis. first let ur pIL suceed.

if u are running an organiusation of this calibre and magnitude with such goals its ur duty to file a PIL and u may get free legal advise from many lawyers and even ex judges on this issue.

u r knoledgable, please read more of laws and constitution it gives u enormous powers. using these powers too a honest and fearless person/organistion can bring changes in society. i donno why noone brought a PIL on issue of 1 lacs crores lying in swiss banks.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 October 2010

mr democratic indian,

.......ha .......ha.......ha.......

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register