LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neelam Singh (Manager)     24 September 2010

Please advice about job releaving

Hi ! everybody , I m Neelam Singh , My hubby is working with a Private reputed bank since 3 & half years. Now he has resigned as he got a good opportunity in another bank. And Given 1 month notice to the bank . stating that to adjust his 72 PL  leaves. against his 3 months notice period. 

But now his Branch manager is forcing him not relieve before 2 months . Then still my hubby said he will not continue after 1 month then he  threatens him that if he do so , he will create problem in his relieving letter.

Please advise what we should do now as after 1 month he has to join the new job. He is mentally torching him .

Please advise urgently.

Thanks !

Neelam

Learning

4 Replies

Sameer Sharma (Advocate)     24 September 2010

If ur husband is leaving according the resignation policies / rules then he has a full right to leave with all the balance he deserves, but if company / bank shows an important cause that without him / her the bank will attain huge loses, then it can be sort out by both parties with mutual consent. If then also manager is rude, then leave according to the rules, and if he threatens for any deduction take a help of advocate, he will entertain the manager with legal notice abt any deduction or gratuity if any.

prashant1314 (HR Learner)     24 September 2010

Most of the companies /oragnization do not entertain PLs to be adjusted ( Please go through the Appointment Letter clauses ).

Notice period is nothing but to hand over the charge/responsibility /work to another person going to take charge.

Imagine how one can imagine what work your "Hubby" did, where are the records? what are the pending issues / work???

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

Neelam Singh (Manager)     27 September 2010

Thanks ! for your reply, But As per my hubby's bank rule PLs is to be adjusted . and even their HR is also agree with this . And as per handover , the day he has given his resignation his seat was shifted and is now used as a backup . and regularly he has been shifted to different seats as temporary back up . And as per pending issues and records nothing is like that every thing is maintained and crystal clear  with the seniors and seats are keep changing time to time according to the requirement.

So there is nothing like that he is doing against the policies .As 1 month notice that is compulsory which he is serving, And when sufficient staff is their to handle the things . There is nothing reason to let him go. And if the Bank's HR is also ready to relieve him. I dont think there is any reason to force somebody not to relieve.

Thanks !

Neelam 

Neelam Singh (Manager)     27 September 2010

Hi ! sameer ji , Thanks for your reply and advice. He is leaving according to company policies only. 

If in future we require some  help we will bother you and would like to  take your services. Please send you contact details if possible.

Thanks !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register