LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Teachers are still not paid decently

Even though the 6th pay commission has raised their pay scales, I still feel that teacher's salaries are not in accordance with the rising costs of living and the amount of efforts they put in....

because students in the age group 6-10 yrs. have to be handled v.carefully.in other words,she's a mother to v.small kids who are usually 35-45 in no. in her  classroom.so there's so much pressure all the time

In standards 1 and 2,she is handling them all alone the whole day,with hardly any help....all the subjects have to be taught by her only,unlike in higher classes

Now review this situation again....

A  primary teacher is paid 22,000 monthly in hand.......Now if she's a widow,divorcee or a single, and lives alone,do u think she can manage her life with this petty amount?With this money,she has to savefor her future,pay all bills like electricity,telephone,etc,spend on household expenses and also try to lead a decent life which everyone wants

If she has children,then the expenditures are higher...

so is this salary enough?

Do comment

Learning

3 Replies

Sameer Sharma (Advocate)     13 September 2010

The teachers working under the Zone-I of state education department have stage their sit in protest at their Head Quarter Complex at Khoyathong today and a formal meeting was also convened to chalked out the future line of actions
The meeting also further decided to launched their agitation in every alternative days by staging dharnas in various areas under the Education Zone-I.

While the Sixth Pay Commission was implemented in the year 2006 in other parts of the country when P. Chidambaram (current union home minister) was the finance minister of the country, government of Manipur has implemented the Sixth Pay Commission after a gap of four years. Besides, the prices of essential commodities were hiked since 2006 and the people have been bearing the brunt of price rise since then, a striking teacher revealed.

The protest demonstration was participated by around 1800 teachers in Imphal West district.

(Guest)

many Private schools dont pay even according to 6th pay comm...........

i hv come across schools who want to pay even less than 10,000,as little as 5,000..but want full duties from teachers

there's a very well known topmost pvt school of delhi dats paying only 14,000 in hand to primary teachers but takes a solid fees from students

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2011

Teacher's salary in Govt sertor has eeen tremedous hike in 5th and6th Pay Commission. On each occasions they have slid up.  Primary teacher who in 4th PC was paid equal to UDC is not paid equal to Section Officer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register