Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Attention members

Page no : 4

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     16 September 2010

I have the same concern. This morning I was getting the same message though I did post only a brief posting and tried to post a single line credits to the posting and the message on flooding popped up. 

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

The false positive is on the rise for the past couple of days. I have written an email to Service LCI too.

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     16 September 2010

In some threads good amount of personal chit chat is being exchanged, that is another one example of flooding, I am sorry to point out. 

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 September 2010

1. Before flooding Admin. such as Mr Y. Prakash who is Partner as well as Admin of this legal forum website non - laymen here kindly understand why FLOODING is a important security messure adopted in such XMP platform based websites (i.e. LCI forum)

2. Flooding is a Denial of Service (DoS) attack that is designed to bring a network or service down by flooding it with large amounts of traffic. Flood attacks occur when a network or service becomes so weighed down with packets initiating incomplete connection requests that it can no longer process genuine connection requests. By flooding a server or host with connections that cannot be completed, the flood attack eventually fills the host’s memory buffer. Once this buffer is full no further connections can be made, and the result is a Denial of Service.

3. For laymen here DoS is a essential feature which such (LCI forum) website have to set the Value to a neumaric figure such as 3 messages per hour by a sender otherwise the whole platform will collapse and each one of us i.e. we the 80K + members will be hard plused to send independent thoughts to authors.

4. Praise a Admin. (Mr Y Prakash) for effectively controlling the 80K + members till date and since this platform is a interactive platform for Lawyers with general Public then the suggestion from me is to invite Cyber experts for  consultation with civil lawyer experts here to place once again refined version of current Do's and Dont's of sending a message by any member here (current nad future) and like ISO checking periodically once every 6 months further refine the Do's and Dont's. Though I prefer quarterly as I do that on my servers but I give benefit of doubt here since the platform starts with interaction by a Lawyer and end word is of a Lawyer so they are above general nettizens (means general Public).

5. I volunteer and propose in a simple layman's was few suggestion which is employed on my my home base servers too i.e. I allow writers to write all that they want in the Editor box (where you write a reply in LCI is called editor box) but once you press SEND a POP UP box appears with warning asking you the sender to Agree to Terms of Usage each time of this great LCI forum website and once you click on I Agagree to it, it means the message which you have just written is TO THE POINT AS PER LAW and nothing more. Like some of you write ir-relevant message of Karan Johar romance movie as in family law forum currently in one of the posts of another member today, and some one says this is last warning and then someone further says to Admin. hey in that forum personal chit chat going on etc. etc. all these are covered under Terms of Usage warning POP UP wordings and if your reply is minus these and so many other Do's and Dont's wordings then you are now supposed to click SEND button otherwise there is another proposed (read suggested) button there named BACK which when clicking takes you to your reply message Editor BOX where you re-edit your thoughts and take out non legal wordings from it and then re-compose your message onc egain and send it for 80 + members consumption which here consists of layman as well as top most Legal expert members and your reply is perceived as TO THE POINT OF LAW and nothing more thus there is no further need of Mr Y Prakash further intermission to delete members account and or delete the offencive message of a poster that also without giving any 'warning" as is being complained here with no current answer from Admin.

With above lengthy but in a layman's suggestion way Admin. job will become lot more easier and it just needs little chat with website designers that is all and can be implemented in 24 hrs. and for that the site has to be shut down during NIGHT time as annual maintenance message. I mean the web programers can easily test the codes offline and upload during night time say after 3 AM when the traffic is hardly to 1 sleepless member and come mornign the Sunshine Cleaning (cleansing of a legal forum) is

effected upon ! 

If you mind this layman's message reply then it is your issue not mine and I said it being technical in such and other matters and for asimple thought to help a Admin. whose job many un-recognise instead flood him with yet another message of complain......

3 Like

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

I admit your points on DoS attack, tajobsindia. I would suggest Google approach of CAPTCHA which is more powerful to block DoS attacks.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     16 September 2010

@ Deepak

If you may permit me then let me correct you on your reply !

Here the chief complain is about humans (means from / to lawyers and general public) complainig on quality of wordings in random direction specific message psots and members behaviour towards each other and not what is suggested by you of Googles concept implementation in LCI which will solve such human (behavior) problem in real time where as a CAPTCHA (as suggested by you) is a wonderful piece of Glabs program that can generate and grade tests that humans can pass but current computer programs cannot. In layman's understanding the current problem LCI if facing TODAY is from humans and not from grid computers in www domain !

Hope you respect my views as I gave you same professional status respect of each others view points to solve the LCI current human infected problem ?.

1 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     17 September 2010

Thanks Tajobsindia for educating laypersons on this technical aspect of flooding and related matters. 

tortured_aathma (none)     17 September 2010

moderator shri, please4 see the link below

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/A-lesson-for-all-Indian-mother-inlaws--24400.asp

why author of this post not be banned for posting non legal matter on this site, instigating emotional warfare.

2 Like

(Guest)

Dear admin

kindly have a look at the personal attack at me in the below link:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Missing-article-Steps-for-perfect-Mother-in-Law--24424.asp

request you to kindly ban this member Siddharth Kulkarni, since he's commenting on me even after you had warned for the last time on 14th Sep,that any member doing so will be permanently banned

1 Like

mastanrao.bhogadi (advocate)     18 September 2010

Timely message to thousands at the time of rapid expansion of LCI

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 September 2010

Dear  Admin,

There was a query on

Employer of deceased not paying pension to heirs

This was replied by Mr. Subramaniam and Me.  However, subsequently we find that the original query and a reply from Anonomous is missing.

Please clarify, what is happening.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register