LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G.Subapriya (House wife)     04 August 2008

documents to buy a property

What are the legal documents to  that i should check before buying a property in general?

Learning

6 Replies

Vinay Chhikara (Legal Expert)     05 August 2008

u have 2 go through the sale deed and the record verification in the sub. division office record. which is basic one

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     05 August 2008

when ever you are buying some property that is immovable property you need to verify the property physicaly and also verify from the neighbours who are the owners of that property documents shown by your owner in the sub registrar office and you should check from whom he had got title to the property,and also obtain an encumbrance certificate stattement for 13 years stating that ther are no encumbrances on the property and also publish a notice in the news paper that you are intending to purchase the property and claims to be made within 15 days of notice  or else you may proceed with the transfer if you dont recieve any objections.

JAGADEESH GOVIND (ADVOCATE)     05 August 2008

Dear Sir,

You have to verify

1) The sale deed and the prior deed (Check whether any minors interest involved)

2) Latest Tax receipt and encumbrance certificate.

3)Possession certificate, Location plan and sketch from village office.

4)Whether the land being involved in any developmental scheme or restrictions under Land Aquisition Act, Reforms Act ,Costal Regulation Zone Rules etc.

If you are purchasing in a residential area you can verify it with local village office.If you intend to purcahse a vast area for evelopment you have to verify all the aspects completely.

Regards,

Jagan

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     05 August 2008

Well detailed reply by my friends, But
i feel that a person lacking legal knowledge cannot look into the
documents properly so I suggest you to appraoch an Advocate with all
the relevant documents and obtain a legal opinion.

V.Raghavan (Advocate Madras High Court)     05 August 2008

Yes Mr.Srinivas you are correct. It is better to consult a lawyer with the available documents before buying any property and get his guidance so as to avoid complications in the future

G.Subapriya (House wife)     06 August 2008

Thank you all for your kind reply, hope it will help me a lot

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register