Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shailesh (Businessman)     26 May 2022

Can we get atleast engaged before getting divorced?

I was married in 2020 and filed for divorce in 2021. The hearings etc ended in 2022 and they said that decision will be given in May 25th of this year.

However, on 25th May the Judge got transferred and now they are saying that decision will be given on 8th July of this year, i.e. 2 months later.

The woman whom I have assured to marry her and she has also agreed to marry me, is elder to me is almost nearing 40.

Therefore, can we have atleast get engaged and prepare for marriage before the decision of divorce?

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 May 2022

If this knows to your wife (now applied for divorce), she will file a case on this against you.  Now you are going to a woman who is elder, so wait till the case is decreed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 May 2022

What is the reason / ground for divorce of a couple married in 2020 and divorce in 2021 (within a year or so) ?

Whether your case was taken up by a Fast Track Court for deciding in a period of less than a year ?

What is your age, if your proposed (second) wife is nearing 40 years ?

Prima facie it is a hypothetical exercise, however, if it is a true story your must have sought professional services of a lawyer, what is his / her opinion / advise ?

Why do you need a second opinion / advise / obligation of experts on this platform on the basis of limited fabricated facts ? 

Shailesh (Businessman)     28 May 2022

The  reason for divorce was that we began quarreling and debating on almost every issue so no physical relationship developed between us for many days.

The case was taken Family Court (Not sure that whether it is a Fast Track Court).

My age is 38.

I've already spoken to my lawyer and he has said that he will speak to the new Judge for early disposal. 

I need a second opinion because I need to be sure.

MUKUND KUMAR (Lawyer)     28 May 2022

You are in direct contact of your divorce lawyer then follow his consultaion. Ask him the same question instead of asking when the dicision will come.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register