LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna   12 January 2022

Can i ask landlord to do repairs

I have been living as a tenant for 22 years & paying rent regularly by cash because that is the only way he wants it & no receipts. He has never done any repairs in 22 years & every time I ask to do very necessary repairs he asks me to vacate. I have spent thousands of rupees for emergency repairs ( 30 times the monthly rent ) & now he sent me a notice to vacate with accusation of arrears of rent which is totally false

Can I ask him to do repairs in reply & pay me for repairs that I have done ?

OR how should I reply ?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     12 January 2022

You can prove the payment of rent then you should refute allegations and can,also landlord to repair the premises and can also approach court in this regard.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 January 2022

Submit reply to the notice through a local lawyer.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     13 January 2022

Yes you can ask landlord for repair  and if he dies not comply then you can get it repaired from your own and can deduct the amount from rent and can also file recovery suit. 

V.S.R.Deekshitulu (Advocate)     13 January 2022

No better have a dialog withthe landlord since in  your case as there are no receipts for rents paid you will be in trouble.  Howwever send a reply to the notice  of thelandlord.

Aryan Raj   13 January 2022

In response to your query,

Since you have no receipts of the payments of rent you cannot prove that the allegations of non payments of rent are false therefore in reply of the notice served to you, try to reason with the landlord and solve the problem out of the court and just vacate the house peacefully before your landlord does anything else to trouble you. 

If this doesn't work then let the matter go to the court and in the show the bills of the money you spent in repairing of the house as evidence for the reason of non payments of rent as you have spent much more money on house repairing than the cost of rent.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 January 2022

You have been posting too many postings on the subject matter based on selected facts. Please post a concise posting highlighting the real issue, if any.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register