LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gaurav (self)     09 November 2021

Towing of vehicle

My scooter was towed away by crain from roadside. Now next day when I went they said it would b lreleased by court order (dm). How much time it takes, my advocate says 10 days

Learning

2 Replies

Anusha Singh   10 November 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding your vehicle getting towed.

Steps to Follow When Your Bike Gets Towed

You can follow the below-mentioned steps in case bike gets towed:

1. Visit the RTO

If your bike is towed, it would be allegedly for violating the rules or regulations of parking, such as leaving it unattended for over a certain number of hours or parking it in a No Parking zone. You will be able to find out its status at the RTO and inquire about the reason for its towing. If you feel that you have not violated any of the rules you may be able to quote this in your defense.

2. Check if There Are Any Damages

One of the hazards of having your bike towed is that in the towing process it can sustain damages due to collisions or mishandling. You should check if there have been any damages caused to your vehicle and make a claim for compensation if this is the case. In most cases you should be able to gain compensation for the damages caused to your bike during towing if you petition the towing agency for the same.

3. Pay the Respective Fine

If your bike has been towed it is likely due to the violation of some traffic norms such as parking on a footpath or other such transgression. There would be a fine associated with the same that you would need to pay in case of towing, in order to be able to get your bike restored to your custody. On paying this fine, you should be good to go.

There is no need for court’s permission until the offence is serious.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Anusha Singh

gaurav (self)     12 November 2021

Thx for the reply.  I went to the place where it's kept at traffic lines. They said we could hv relegated the same day,  but it's on record now.  Will be released by court order. N 300 towing charges

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register