Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar Sunkara   05 November 2021

Work not completed client threatining to send legal notice

Hello, 

I have recently agreed on one freelance project that took 3k advance and completed 2 projects in it for which advance is balanced. The total project cost is 35k. I have committed one month to complete the project but could not finish it. now the client is threatening of legal consequences against me. I was not involved in any of client discussions or client company business, now the client is claiming he lost lakhs of rupees due to not delivery of work. Initially, I told the client I am busy with my work and could not finish the project but he forced me to take the project. But I hardly had time to finish it. There is no agreement or commitment etc on papers, everything happened in whats app. What i have to do now? Is there any problem? There is no MOU also signed. 

Learning

2 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     06 November 2021

Your commitment comes under implied contract.your client may approach for damages for breach of contract.

Sreedhar Sunkara   06 November 2021

Well, there is no agreement but what app chat only. There is a number of issue with client software that the client stole from other software and his software does not even cover security for client password. How is that eligible and his agents abuse me in chat. what are the consequences?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register